YES !! Atmospheric haze ! - comparative pics -

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: YES !! Atmospheric haze !
Date: May 17, 2004 12:26PM
Posted by: theRedRacer
Looks fantastic.. great job!

..........................................................................................

Re: YES !! Atmospheric haze !
Date: May 17, 2004 02:19PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Here are comparative shots to better see differences.
Most of the time it enhances perspective effect, as all objects are no more lit the same whatever their distance.

@Erwin: I looked at Melbourne, Sepang and Spain but even if it could be a little more complex, this can be done without too much troubles as we can control quite precisely amount and location of haze.

Re: YES !! Atmospheric haze ! - comparative pics -
Date: May 17, 2004 02:35PM
Posted by: Willb
They Look Amazing Nice work Lo2K

On the subject of haze how can i lessen the movement of the haze on my game as it is much too dramatic I have AA 4Xs and AF on 2x. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like ATM:

I would much like to make the haze move less as it looks very bad at the moment.

Any comments are welcomed.

Thank You

Will

(Well dont again..Those pics look great! and I cant wait!!)
Date: May 17, 2004 02:56PM
Heat Haze depends much on your graphical card as N'vidia and ATi cards are not displaying the same effect.
Else you can control a little heat haze changing corresponding line in the f1graphics.cfg file.

Date: May 17, 2004 03:02PM
Posted by: b-tone
looks great laurent :)

when do we stop guessing how its done?? i have an idea, but you're the expert ;)

____
Tony

Date: May 17, 2004 03:08PM
Posted by: Dahie
hope I don't tell a secret, but he used big vertical faces with a partially transparent texture. :)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: May 17, 2004 03:45PM
Posted by: ralphi
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

aaa.. that looks really really realllllly good :) good job man :) sorry... GREAT JOB!

Date: May 17, 2004 05:01PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi, thanks for the reply does anyone know what I change to make the haze less 'obtrusive'?

Thanks

Will
Date: May 17, 2004 05:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
nice great improvement
Date: May 17, 2004 05:44PM
Posted by: Xero
Excellent effect! Amazing how a simple and original idea can work wonders for a game! Nice work Laurent!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2004 05:46PM by Xero.
Date: May 17, 2004 06:27PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
Tell me how to do it please!!

Lo2k, now my question is if you can add a sort of haze to a car, so if it is possible to enhance the volume of effects with bad weather or a blow-up/water leak?
@F1Crazy, read first post

@PSVwally, not really. Cause tranparent objects are treated different with cars/helmet/tires.
[jimi hendrix mode]Hey Dude, can you do a Purple Haze as well?[jimi hendrix mode]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
why purple if you dont mind me asking
ask your dad *wink*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Nice one :)

Would it be possible to make it a really dark grey for the rain, but have this nice one for the dry. In GP4, it's far too bright when it rains, almost like it's still sunny, it needs to be more like it is in F1C where it goes quite dark because that's how it is in real life.

no it doesn't need to be like f1c, play f1c when you like or play gp4 when you like gp4 or both or none, but don't start merging it!
Date: May 17, 2004 08:31PM
Posted by: bully
exactly

Driver for RaceCar in GP4IL
Date: May 17, 2004 09:15PM
Yep, I agree with Erwin too :)

Well, the blue haze is a permanent effect and can't be changed depending on weather but what might be done is to tweak the weather file for each track to have better fog. But I'm not sure you will be able to change fog color this way and I hadn't conducted much tests in wet conditions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2004 09:15PM by Lo2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy