Gp4 Track Slot Editor

Posted by gap177 
Gp4 Track Slot Editor
Date: May 12, 2004 08:34PM
Posted by: gap177
A while back I remember reading that someone was working on a project to make moving the tracks around(ie:2004 order).I used the search button and it came up with a solution that was for using CSM<-I personally dont use this utility.I was just wondering if such an editor will be available soon?Alternatively.....if someone has managed to accomplish this,could they please post proper instructions on how to move the tracks around.Thanks in advance.

Glenn(Cdn)
Re: Gp4 Track Slot Editor
Date: May 13, 2004 12:54PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
The best way it to rename at the .dat and .wad files (apart from cars.wad and anim.wad) to form the order you'd like to use. Otherwise, just changing the order in GPxPatch requires some tweaking of the GP4.exe (I think..)
Date: May 13, 2004 05:54PM
Posted by: chet
How do i change the order with the .dat files and the .wads??

I want it 2004 order, if you can post the correct order for the .dats and wads please :)
Date: May 28, 2004 07:55PM
Posted by: Sennas
I did change filenames of .dat and .wad and my gp4 crashed. Could please someone tell me exactly how to change track order?
Thank you.
Date: May 28, 2004 10:41PM
If you go to Gp4Italia........they have a 2004 Track Order Mod there.It's pretty much well done-i'd give it a 7/10(didn't like the track maps).The only thing that I did was to use Ricardo's tracks instead of theirs.I had no problem installing it-just read the "readme" and backup all the necessary files as this mod cant be uninstalled.If you have made a backup then just copy over the file(s) that you didnt like.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: May 28, 2004 10:47PM
Thank you, Glen, I will check it.
By the way, would it be possible for you to do the tracks in original order in your gpaedia 2004 update?
Thanks...
Date: May 28, 2004 10:53PM
@Sennas--->Tell me you are joking.........lol.Just kiddin.if you d/l the 2004 track order mod you wont need it in the 2001 order.:-)

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: May 28, 2004 11:25PM
I see your point, but that track mod seems way ti risky to install it for now. God knows what kind of data gp4.exe is holding (coordinates for everything, most functions of gp4 tweaker,......many more I assume).
Did you have any problem with that or something?
Date: May 28, 2004 11:38PM
I had no problems.......well-1 minor one but got it sorted.I dont think it was related to the mod anyway.They supply 4 gp4.exe's for v100 and v102(original car order and the 2004 order with the original car coordinates).It works fine with Tweaker and TeamEditor-you will just need to export your data to the game.If you have any problems with it I can help.If you do install it and dont like the track maps i can send ya the original ones but in the 2004 order.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: May 29, 2004 12:44AM
Posted by: -{TETSUO}-
Can't see a 2004 track order mod over on GP4Italia. What sub folder is it in?
Date: May 29, 2004 11:04AM
Posted by: chet
Ive got it and its good

@-{TETSUO}- if you look at the side at the main menu, it says top 10 downloads :), its there :)
Date: May 29, 2004 11:38AM
Damn it's gone now
Date: May 29, 2004 11:54AM
It is under section "mods" I think.
Date: May 29, 2004 12:05PM
got it thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy