Helmet Help (This is hindering the BIGGEST 2004 mod (or only 1??)

Posted by Willb 
Hi all,

Well I have made a complete 2004..yes 2004 mod for GP4 (well almost complete sauber is 2003 but who cares at this stage in the season lol)

I have made new background movies added new background sounds new cars, visors, cockpits, externam steering whell, new tire textures all Ricardo's 2003 Track updates apart from melborne witch is 2004...New sounds (from sumwhere?) Oh yeh and the ITV F1 Intro when the game starts - it rocks! ...also got the realistic physics and performance files from Acciarri-Shroeder i think.

..................................BUT!.............................

Most of the helmets are ok apart from the two sauber drivers, Panis' and Bruni.. Brunis is a high res texure that I tried but it doesn fit with the helmet shape and i cant get rid of it. I tried exporting a new texture but it wont budge.. Same as the sauber drivers one has vielnerves helmet and the other i think is panis' old one. (not sure) i tried loads but i cant get rid of these textures (panis' helment is Alex Youngs and it wont go either)

The other thing is I dont know if I would be able to actually release the mod as it would take me years to ask everybodys permission to use thier cars sounds helmets bla bla bla..

Please could someone help me with the hemlet thing...I was getting very frusterated :-(

Thanks

Regards

Willb
erm.. the helmet's.... in you're gp4 folder there is a folder called cars if you go and look at that you'll see some helmet tex replace them and the same will happen in the game.. anf for the love of god use the searc button this has been braught up a 100000 times already..

Not to put a dampner on things but i seriously doubt you'll be able to get permission for all that stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2004 10:32AM by team cason.
Thanks

Looks like i just have to play it myself then ...sniff,sniff. I spent a whole 3 days almost solid on that.

Life goes on..

Thanks anyway

Will
wouldnt mind having a look at your menu backgrounds/sounds/vids and which cockpit are you using??

The cars will be nearly impossible to get tho

maby you can relaese your backgrounds and intro's ;)
May be ..id probably get sued my the calling (band ) and Danndy whorhole (Bohimium like you) lol Iv also got Feeder Buck rodgers in there... IF you get sum where for me 2 upload it ill happily do so.
this site maby :P

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

If only i could become the survant off all...
ok ill release the videos and Music..

You guys would have loved the rest of the mod...Ill try and send an email to every ones work i used and kindly ask for permisson... It will take me a while buy ill do my best..shorly the developers would like to see thier work as part of a majour 2004 season mod..or have i got the wrong idea?

Thanks

Will
well most the cars are already made for a mod as has been explained before

Try using lycos to upload stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2004 01:00PM by fongu.
Actually there is not much pont in just releasing ht ebackground videos and music as that alon is 170 mb!

Suppose ill just play it myself then..sigh

Thanks

Will
Where did you get the ITV intro movie from?
it was a mgp from [www.btinternet.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy