Stationary cams. Possible?

Posted by bones1834 
Stationary cams. Possible?
Date: May 11, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: bones1834
Are stationary cameras possible in Gp4? The thought of a camera set stationed at the top of the Eau Rouge as cars fly by would be a cool site to see. Just thought I'd ask.
Re: Stationary cams. Possible?
Date: May 12, 2004 12:15AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
i don't believe they are. i think the word is they have to be focused on a car. just park your car up there and ssit back, lol!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: May 12, 2004 12:16AM
Posted by: ralphi
it is possible.. cuz gp4 sometimes does it by itself..

Date: May 12, 2004 12:48AM
Posted by: Ellis
ralphi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is possible.. cuz gp4 sometimes does it by
> itself..
>

i have noticed that too.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 12, 2004 01:22AM
Posted by: sntgeorge
I don't know much about track cameras, but I've noticed that the track screens use real time cameras of the current circuit, and most of those cameras are stationary... so in my humble knowledge, stationary cameras should be possible
Date: May 12, 2004 11:33AM
Posted by: mansell92
Yeah, I hope they are, it's something I've always wanted but I've never managed to work out how.
Date: May 12, 2004 03:26PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
You can edit track cams in GPEditor. I messed around with 3 camera's at Silverstone (around Woodcote) and through trial and error I managed to get soemthing approaching my actual seat view where I could follow the cars from under Bridge to the where they fired round Copse. Just like the real thing and saving myself £250!
Jackie
Date: May 12, 2004 03:39PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: May 12, 2004 06:19PM
Posted by: schaller
I have asked this question a few times and noone has gotten very far with it. What I did was to move all the cameras to the exact same place and make sure they all have the same values for all fields. It works just fine until the cars go to the other side of the track where you cant see them. It was fun to tinker with, but we have toi find a way to make a camera lock on to an object other than a car and we'll be all set!
Or how about this. Make the camera so you can move around in the game world in 3d as the race is going on. Take a seat anywhere in the stands and be able to watch the rase as you just roll the mouse around to follow the cars. Now that would be super cool!!!!! Imagine hanging out in the pit area waiting for the cars to pit. that would be incredible.
Date: May 12, 2004 06:50PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Nice idea.
Virtual GP4 tours of the tracks.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Date: May 12, 2004 08:48PM
Posted by: Willb
Sounds Very cool!

Wat abour Kerb cams lol! get the camera run over.

Hope you can achieve still cams!

Regards

Will
Date: May 12, 2004 09:35PM
Posted by: dolinseks
"Wat abour Kerb cams lol! get the camera run over."

Like in F1C at Zeltweg gp, in the last corner?
Date: May 13, 2004 09:24PM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
You can have still cameras by editing the track WAD with 3D editor. In the options tab, there is a checkbox for "still cameras". I hope this is what this feature does.
Date: May 13, 2004 10:38PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Ferrariis the best: Answer to your question is in the user guide ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2004 10:39PM by Lo2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy