F3000 MOD News Update\New Download

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
F3000 MOD News Update\New Download
Date: February 13, 2004 03:58PM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
This is my second attempt to make a F3000 Mod 2003 Season because the first one was not good enough to release it in my opinion so I decided to do everything again from scratch and here it is my first carshape made entirely from scratch!
I think it is good enough to continue to work on this MOD but I do not have very much time to work on this it (this carshape took me a month to finish it) so if anyone wants to help me bring this MOD to LIFE with sugestions or with colaboration is welcome!!
What do you think?

Post Edited (03-16-04 22:21)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2004 05:20PM by Eugenio Faria.
Re: New MOD (W.I.P)
Date: February 13, 2004 04:03PM
Posted by: JamesM
Cool :D

Will it have the V8 sounds too?

==================================
Huh?
Date: February 13, 2004 04:07PM
Posted by: zuppafly
Your first carshape??? Amazing IMO!!! I have no skills in editing GP4, but If you can remember anything that doesn't envolve ZModeler or Photoshop and want me to help let me know :)
I could try messing up with physics editor and performace files, ie... ;)

BTW, are you Portuguese? Your name sounds like one :)

- It's time for the human being to enter the solar system! -
G.W.Bush
Date: February 13, 2004 04:10PM
Well I am trying to collect all the material I can from F3000,pictures and videos but i have not found any f3000 sounds yet ,but I will try.
Date: February 13, 2004 04:16PM
Yes zuppafly i am from Portugal !
If you want to help me with the perfomance files and physics just send me an e-mail to elxinoki@hotmail.com
Date: February 14, 2004 01:47AM
Posted by: ralphi
uhm.. if you wan't i can try to do the helmets... :)

Date: February 14, 2004 01:58AM
Posted by: b-tone
looks pretty good Eugenio!

is only one shape used?
which drivers will be included?

____
Tony

Date: February 14, 2004 02:27AM
Posted by: ralphi
is only one shape used?

yes...

Date: February 14, 2004 04:55AM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
@ Eugenio Faria: i have the UK 2003 f3000 season review, i might be able to extract some good sounds if there not comentated over.

the car's looking great :D

Date: February 14, 2004 07:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
wow great car!

Date: February 14, 2004 08:02AM
Thank you guys !!
If anyone want to help me just send me an e-mail (elxinoki@hotmail.com).
The drivers will be the ones who raced at the last race in Monza, that is because last year many teams changed their drivers during the season.
Right now I am concentrating my efforts on making the textures then I will think about the sounds, team art, helmets and perfomances.
The Coloni car is almost finished so maybe tomorrow I will show you some screenshots.
Date: February 14, 2004 02:02PM
Here it is the Coloni car,although it is not yet finished yet.
Date: February 14, 2004 02:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
wow great progress! :)

Date: February 14, 2004 02:43PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Great work Eugenio! Your Coloni looks good! Only a piece of advice (maybe you know it already): Alpha channel seems to be too much reflective on the TEXs. darken it a bit. And normals seem to need a little tweaking :) Just to make the car look a bit better. Great work anyway :)

Date: February 14, 2004 02:56PM
Thanks
Date: February 14, 2004 03:09PM
Alpha is quite easy. Every TGA file has 5 levels: RGB, Red, Green, Blue and Alpha1. Just select this level (I use Photoshop7, don't know how it works with PSP) and edit this level. Alpha 1 is like RGB level (the one you normally edit), but in gray scale. For Gp4, black is completly opaque and white completely reflective. You probably have a completely white alpha right now. So, just edit this level to get the reflection as you like them :)
Normals is a bit more complex. I'm gonna tell you the way I do it, as Matt Schroeder teached me :) Zmod comes with a few kinds of authomatic calculations for normals. Note: you'll have to recreate the damage model!First af all, create a unique part for the main chassis, using the Create/unite selected tool between nose_cone, cockpit, engine, left and right sidepods. then select all the verticies and, use the unificator tool. Check out the range of this tool by holding down the Shift key and setting it as you want it (I uggest a very little range). Then use the surfaces/normals/calculate tool on the object. You'll notice that the shadows on the car will change. Now your main chassis should have quite good normals. If there are some little parts that don't look as you want them, adjust manually the normals using the surfaces/normlas/rotate and scale tools. For the other parts, use normlas calculation on the single objects. It seems more complex by words than it really is btw... If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :) Hope this helps...

Date: February 14, 2004 03:20PM
Thanks again Oggo!
It does not seem too complicated so I am going to try!
Date: February 19, 2004 06:28AM
Here it is the Coloni of Ricardo Sperafico!

What do you think?
Date: February 19, 2004 06:31AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Nice :insert thumbup smilie here:

Date: February 19, 2004 09:07AM
Great Eugenio! Now it's really looking good! Keep up the great work, it will surely be a great MOD! :)
(I think I've use too many "greats" in this post ;))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy