F3000 MOD News Update\New Download

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: New MOD (W.I.P)
Date: February 19, 2004 02:13PM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
Thank you Oggo!!
Your help was very very usefull about the normals and the alpha channel.
Date: February 20, 2004 02:02PM
I decided to make available to download a W.I.P. Version of the Coloni car that will be part of the F3000 MOD.
You can download it here [gp4carshapes.com.sapo.pt]
Remember it is still a W.I.P. Version 50% finished it still requires work on the carshape especially in the sidepods and a little work on the textures.
I hope you enjoy it.

Date: February 20, 2004 02:28PM
Posted by: Spike02
damn this mod looks good :D

Date: February 20, 2004 05:44PM
Posted by: six degrees
Date: February 21, 2004 02:18PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
I've downloaded it Eugenio, and it looks damned good! :)
Just a little thing: you should check the damage model, as it's a bit weird. Try to make simmetrical parts (right and left sidpods are diveded differently) and to include braking faces (the faces that you see when the car is broken), for example between cockpit and engine. And you have to respect two other things to make it work correctly on Gp4: 1- use only the layers that are in default shapes, so do not add those support and antenna layers. And respect the order of the layers of the original cars, as it will have weird effects on the broken car if you don't do so ;)
Great car anyway!
PS maybe check the normals a little bit again, as there seems to be a cut between cockpit and engine layers. Reflections should be continous. Tray unifying nose_cone, cockpit and engine layers, caluclating normals and then detach them again with the auto-updating of normals disabeld in the options/normals menu ;-)

Date: February 22, 2004 02:13PM
Thanks Oggo!
As I said this cars still needs improvement so I am still working on it and with your advices I hope to make it perfect!

Date: February 28, 2004 09:53AM
Posted by: Gang$ta
Hi to all!

I'm working on the F3000 cars with Eugénio, and we decided to make te first carset with the Imola line-up. This will mean there will be 20 cars on the grid, the last to places filled with an fantasy team. Now we want to ask you all

FOR PROVIDING US GOOD (IMOLA) 2003 F3000 MATERIAL, PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO'S

If you can help us please react at this forum or send me an e-mail.

all the mail will be forwarded to Eugénio by me, as he is 56k user (np with that;)).

please help us for a better MOD for YOU ALL!!

erwin_2pac @ hotmail .com

Trippin' 2 perf3ction
Date: February 28, 2004 04:21PM
Posted by: Gang$ta
I go to sleep now, when I wake up, I have lots of e-mails with video and photo material, deal? ;)

Post Edited (02-28-04 23:22)

Trippin' 2 perf3ction
F3000 MOD
Date: February 29, 2004 01:57PM
Here is how the work is going:

The carshape has been updated, I rebuilt the sidepods ,cockpit and the front of the car.
This is the W.I.P. version os the superfund team still mising some logos shadings etc.

Date: February 29, 2004 02:04PM
Posted by: ralphi
hey,,, would it be possible for you to give me the shape so i can try to make a tex?

Date: February 29, 2004 02:07PM
Well Ralphi, Me and Erwin are already making the car textures but if you want you can make the helmets.
What do you think??
Date: February 29, 2004 02:09PM
sure... :D on which helmet shape?

Date: February 29, 2004 02:13PM
I am going to ask permission to Raymond Smits so we can use is Hi Res Helmet shape.
Re: F3000 Mod
Date: March 01, 2004 02:34AM
By the way does anyone know how to "make" gp4.exe just use the higher lods, like in the 1988 Mod?
Date: March 01, 2004 02:44AM
Posted by: fongu
The hi-res helmet shape is by erix

Date: March 01, 2004 04:43AM
By the way does anyone know how to "make" gp4.exe just use the higher lods, like in the 1988 Mod?

you just rename the lod 1 to lod 2 and so on...

Date: March 01, 2004 04:55AM
Posted by: b-tone
nah.

my way:
get hex editor 2.0 form hhdsoftware (.com?)
open the exe (backup of course) with hex ed
ctrl-f and look for 'lod_'
there you'll see something like: car_%x_car_%_lod_%d
change the last 2 '%d' so it reads '0 '. the space is vezy important. put '00' in the hex side for the space.

____
Tony

Date: March 01, 2004 07:18AM
Thanks Tony!!
Date: March 02, 2004 11:36AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Hi there! Great looking shape! I think this mod is going to be really awsome! If both of you need any help, just ask me and I'll be glad to help you :)

F3000 MOD
Date: March 05, 2004 05:51PM
Some W.i.p. Screenshots

We need someone who can make the helmets so we can concentrate on making the cars.
As we see the helmet shape have high resolution textures and the Hans device.
I am having a problems with the tyres which is that the rims dont rotate I dont know whats the problem!
Just a question is it possible to make gp4.exe uses only the tracks that have been used in the F3000 2003 Season??And How??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy