Help - Installing Mods

Posted by velsir 
Help - Installing Mods
Date: July 21, 2021 06:22PM
Posted by: velsir
Hello everyone,
I'm quite new to the forum, I reinstalled GP4 after a long time and discovered this beautiful site.
I really want to use some modifications but I'm quite confused about them.

1) I downloaded the 2001 car remastered (they look STUNNING!), but I can't understand how to install them;
2) I want to change the car performances, but again I'm a bit confused about what I have to do.

Can someone give me help? Again, I'm absolutely new to the world of GP4 modding, and I'm confused about how it works and what tools I need.

Tank you for the help.

P.S. I installed gpx patch, I'm currently using its functions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2021 06:25PM by velsir.
Re: Help - Installing Mods
Date: July 21, 2021 06:33PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Hello, so try to use CSM, find it here: [www.mediafire.com]

Remember to use it on a clean GP4 installation.

About 2001 Mod you can find it here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

For the rest, I refer you to the FAQ: [www.grandprixgames.org]

I hope I have been helpful :-)
Date: July 21, 2021 07:19PM
Posted by: velsir
Thanks for the link to the mod, I found another post and downloaded the cars from there, but the mod seems quite easier to use.

I'll try to experiment with the performance files.
Date: July 22, 2021 03:19PM
Posted by: zifox
velsir: you replace the cars, you can use GP4master: all cars information is packed into a file called cars.wad. You need to unpack the one in your install, overwrite the existing files with the one from the archives you have downloaded, and repack everything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy