Come on Geoff

Posted by AveryGPFan 
Re: Come on Geoff
Date: April 05, 2004 04:06PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
I refuse to accept GP4 as being conlusive for the series.
If i were Geoff I would want the game to last and would recognise that an eager communitty is the only way to do this. A happy/eager communitty means the product is purchased and in demand long after initial release.

Easy editing of most aspects of the game and multiplayer = strong communitty... either Geoff is not fussed about the continuation of the series or is unaware of how this can be achieved.
It must be done.
Date: April 05, 2004 06:37PM
Posted by: rogue_pigeon
Wayne - Geoff Crammond is not making stunt racer pro, that project was shelved last year, I think the firm that were going to publish went bust.

that would be why it went so quiet on news for the project. damn.
Date: April 06, 2004 01:33AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Far as I know it was simergy that went bust, wich was Geoff's company.

either they went bust, OR, they were closed down by infrograms

Date: April 06, 2004 01:53AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
After reading Madman's post, I (once again) suspect that Madman IS Geoff Crammond!!! ;)

Date: April 06, 2004 02:38AM
Posted by: JonVic
I wonder is it that there just isnt the following, or money to make in producing Grand Prix Games. Maybe Geoff has had to think about creating games that appeal to the mass market such as a game like stunt car racer. Really how many people would buy a serious sim like GP4 compared to shoot em ups, and other games. If people just want to drive they are more likely if they are not particually f1 fans to buy Vice City or something like that....

I think for F1 we will only see big companys such as EA and Sony creating games as they can procduce these at a loss so long as their mass market games make a profit. An example of this is Micrsoft who produce Train Simulator...i mean is that a niche game or what? However they can afford to do it because if it fails then Microsoft pick up the pieces and no great damage is done. If Crammonds team did that they would be out of business in a second...i may be wrong but this is how i see it...

I was sure that a small group like Crammonds team would eventually get washed away by the big guns. Unfortunately my faith in either Sony or EA producing a great game to suceed GP4 is slim to none really:(

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: April 06, 2004 03:10AM
Hey Variante:0

If Madman is Geoff well he needs to put the GPseries back where it belongs or at least bring it up to it's full potential like GTR is doing for the ISI engine.
GP5 only needs the ability to edit and multiplayer, it will be popular because there'll be no other GP game for PC for a long time.
If he made a profit on GP4 which i'm sure he did, then everyone that baught GP4 will buy GP5 if only for the multiplayer - please do the series justice and allow it the popularity it deserves.

Just think GP5:

Simulated 2002 F1 season
Based on GP4 engine [optimized fps]
Full multiplayer support, full grid [22] possible
Included track editor

This would be awesome and surely not too difficult to achieve!!!???
CUMON GEOFF FFS

The communitty would then take car of the rest, making the series final but ongoing and as strong as it ought to be.

Post Edited (04-06-04 10:22)

Date: April 06, 2004 03:36AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
There are no companies which want their game to last for years, at least not sport games. They usually want to sell new version every season, look how EA was doing while they had the license.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: April 06, 2004 04:16AM
True, but this is more about the continuation of the series.
There is no possibility of GPseries doing more seasons after 2002 because of Sony's contract with FIA, and so why not end the GP series as a product that self feeds itself... forget about the legalities, this is solely about the series and how it ought to be now and in the future.
GP4 is not complete, and if there's no GP5 the series has ended prematurely and will go down as never reaching full potential.
Date: April 06, 2004 05:25AM
Just seen thread on track editing which looks promising:p
Date: April 06, 2004 05:51AM
Posted by: dolinseks
"Just seen thread on track editing which looks promising:p"

yes, its getting close. :)

Date: April 07, 2004 02:37AM
Posted by: jawwad01
as far as i remember ..the news for gp4 release came as a surprise just before 6 to 8 months before its release. Geoff also said that the work on gp4 started before even gp3 was released .

I feel something will comeout soon . Maybe an addon .

HOW CAN WE CONTACT HIM?/

this is i think official site of gp4

[www.grandprixgames.com]

maybe there is something in it for us

Date: April 07, 2004 03:27AM
Posted by: Covfan
If you are gonna have any chance of getting Geoff back into the "Scene" we need to find his email address. If you do find his email address, don't post it on here. The last thing we need is thousands of people emailing him.

"U SUK! BRNG TCK EDIT UT NW"
Date: April 07, 2004 03:37AM
Madman is the owner of gp4tweaker website, don't think it's Geoff!!!!
Almost impossible to get in touch with him.

Post Edited (04-07-04 10:40)

Date: April 07, 2004 05:01AM
Posted by: badi
It must be possible to contact geoff. Someone here must know somebody who knows somebody who knows Geoff. I once read, that everybody is in relation to somebody around five corners.

SAUBER will be back!
Date: April 07, 2004 06:11AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
that'd be six degrees of separation. if you do it by personal contact or knowing the next degree personally (you follow?):

Me

My Political Science tutor (Brett de something something)

My Political Science lecturer (Margaret Clark)

Leader of the opposition party in NZ (Don "fuckface" Brash)

Prime Minister of NZ (Helen Clark)

George W Bush (arse wipe)

See! :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: April 07, 2004 06:40AM
I think after careful consideration that the GPx series has been dumped by Crammond. I dont know for sure but i would have thought that we would have heard something by now....for me i must admit i have been playing gp4 less these days and having a serious look at F1C because for me it seems better.

The handling, graphics, track availablility and much more seems better. Right now i could download a 1983 turbo mod and drive round the pre 1995 imola track, or hop into a 1994 williams and drive round 1994 imola, all with much more realistic handling with F1C. Maybe with the track editor GOP4 will have new life in it but i still see F1C as a more apealing option.

I have always been a devoted GPx player but my enthusiasm for the games has waned due to lack of updates and also i find GP4 VERY hard to modify, i have considerably less hair due to GP4, i have spent more time with fixing problems and installing stuff than i have playing it.....i will wait until the track editor comes uut for gp4 and see how it goes, but my loyalty to GP4 may swing away in the coming months with this total dumping of it by Crammond and no updating beyond the modding community......

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: April 07, 2004 06:44AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
I agree 97.3%

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: April 07, 2004 06:59AM
Posted by: chet
Does anyone know if F1 2002 by EA has the same handling as F1 C because i have F1 2002 and think that GP4 is better.

I might be getting F1 C though because of the tracks available.

All i want for GP4 is all the 04 cars and the Paul Ricard curcuit. But we all know u cant do that, yet!
Date: April 07, 2004 08:05AM
lol 97.3%

Chances of contacting Geoff are low to nill..!!

F1C is better, better handling [low speed grip increased], btter sounds, supposedly better multiplayer but that was a con, there's backfires, analogue gauges, better physic parameters but essentially it looks the same. Couple of good mods for it ETCC, PTC, WGTS [soon to be released]
BUT, it's all about to superseeded by GTR [www.simbin.com] near the end of summer.
Prefer GP4 for F1 especially now as there's possibility for new tracks, which would mean there's no reason why GP4 can't simulate many season to come.
Date: April 07, 2004 01:42PM
yeah but gtr isnt an f1 game is it, and i doubt if it could be modded to be as good at simulating f1 as gp4 or f1c

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy