aero regulations

Posted by watercolours 
aero regulations
Date: March 31, 2004 10:01AM
Posted by: watercolours
i began to make my own car and so i am not sure about regulations at some parts. does the rear part (just in front of the rear wheels) of undertray have to be rectangular. can it be curvy or extending upwards. and the second one is about rear wing. do the rear fins have to be rectangular? can it be a different shape? if so, at which points should it obey the regulations? and should rear wing plates be rectangular when looked from above. i am making a fantasy car and though not necessary i want it to be as legal as it can be. or is there a technical regulation available somewhere?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Re: aero regulations
Date: March 31, 2004 12:23PM
Posted by: six degrees
the technical regs should be available on the fia website.... not sure if they're updated to 2004 but if not the only differences are the engine cover and rear wing, as far as you'd be concerned :)

Date: March 31, 2004 12:50PM
i know that parts but mine concern is not the size of the parts but their geometry. can it be with a different shape?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: March 31, 2004 03:07PM
Posted by: fongu
If you remember back in 99 where Ferrari had them "dodgy" bargeboards, because the lower didnt come in line with the upper edge, I think thats the same with the sidepods. But I'm not sure, theres an aerodynamic reason why they do it tho ;)

Date: March 31, 2004 11:43PM
Posted by: chet
These are of the top of my head: NO engine cover winglets, Diffuser ONLY allowed at the back, so NOT behind sidepods or anything, ONLY 2 wing elements in the lower part of the wing, and that is NOT allowed to be curved in any way.

Dont know if that helps?
Date: April 01, 2004 09:57AM
Posted by: Muks_C
does the mid-wing on the F2004 counts as an engine cover winglet?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 01, 2004 12:18PM
nice question. and chet, you gave enough about these curve matter. i ruled it out. thanks.

Date: April 01, 2004 12:57PM
Posted by: chet
Mclaren har a engine cover winglet 2002 on the MP4 17. I cant find a pic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy