Car physics in 2004

Posted by Borjaserrano 
Car physics in 2004
Date: March 30, 2004 12:38PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

There are an issue that makes me disquiet. That issue is the way to configure Gp4 to make the cars do approximately the same laptimes than in real F1. This year, despite of the new rules, that as everbody knows it bind the teams to use the same engine for all the weekend, that pretend decrease the revs of the engines, and so, the engine power, in spite of this rule, the 2004 F1 cars are crushing as yet all the lap records in each circuit, at least, in Barcelona, Melbourne, and Sepang for two seconds or more.

With Gp4Physics I increase the tyre grip coefficient (I guess both Michelin and Bridgestone makes a better compound for him tyres for this season), and the Downforce Coefficient (but, i don´t really know if this value make the chassis have a better grip). After increase markedly these values, the laptimes of the cc cars has improved, but still isn´t so fast as the real F1 laptimes.

I really keep very impressed by the F1 races that as yet was effect, in spite of the F1 cars have to do nearly the double kilometers than the 2003 season, they broke the circuit records in the first two grand prix, is something very awesome!!!

Anyone knows how to configure Gp4physics well?, or any way to do the CC cars have more grip? (without modify the driver ability and the tyre grip)

Greetings

Re: Car physics in 2004
Date: March 30, 2004 08:38PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I don't know if this answers your question but, I'm using the 2004 Sepang performance pack by Walter Rohl. The cars are doing realistic lap times for this year and it is bloody intense!
Check it out.
Date: March 30, 2004 11:32PM
Posted by: chet
where can i get the perfomance pack??
Date: March 30, 2004 11:46PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I think gp4 Italia and most other sites have it if you can't find it here.
Date: March 31, 2004 12:40AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

if u know how to drive, the player car can do it with normal physics.

Date: March 31, 2004 01:21AM
Posted by: fongu
Yeah Walter's is great, just tried that out yesterday, its so fast! But yeah its realistic too, its great :)

Date: March 31, 2004 04:03AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
no way with normal physics (2001) can you do 2004 laptimes and i dont care how good a driver you are.

Date: March 31, 2004 04:24AM
Posted by: gav
So you're saying I can't do 1:33s at Sepang?

Default physics, default power... 1:33.xxx i did for my league race last year.

My best Melbourne lap is a 1:24.6.

No aids (not even TC)... only the cars.wad has changed (and my setup, obviously).
Date: March 31, 2004 04:45AM
Posted by: jp2
i dont know what youre doing with your comp to achieve these laptimes... maybe with 15 fps slomo or whatever. but i doubt anyone can do a 1.24 in melbourne with default performance and physics on a gp4 that reacts precisely on steering input.

greetings, jp
Date: March 31, 2004 05:47AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
the fps has nothing to do with the times ... if he can do 1:24:6xx , it´s because he is a very good driver with a very good setup.... wake up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: March 31, 2004 06:17AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

I refer above all to CC cars laptimes, I would like to find any way to improve their laptimes without increase the drivers ability... and maybe without modify the s1ctxx.dat files, only improving the physics. I´m afraid that this is difficult.

Date: March 31, 2004 06:21AM
i want proof :)

Date: March 31, 2004 06:21AM
just download the walter physics file
it modifies the lap times by cc too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: March 31, 2004 06:22AM
Posted by: jp2
try upping tyre grip in physics editor AND horsepower in the performances.

greetings, jp
Date: March 31, 2004 08:11AM
i want proof

I'll upload both replays tonight when I get home if you want.

I'm not especially fast... around 1 second off the world records at a total guess.

If you were here when the hotlap competitions were on, you'd have seen the kind of pace the fastest of us can do (I only tried Indy if I remember right, finished 2nd I think).

I used to make physics for GP3, but haven't really done much since. I was gonna do some 2004 physics when we had an entire grid of 2004 cars, but if I find time from work (I get a 2-week holiday soon) I might have a go and see what I can come up with.
Date: March 31, 2004 08:26AM

go here

[gp4hotlap.gp4sound.com]

all times have been verified by me and are using default physics.

Date: March 31, 2004 09:09AM
@KornFreak: how do i know youre not collabotating with gav?

@ForgottenBoy and jp2: i already have walters physics abd performance and i know you can beat the 2004 laptimes just but thats not what im arguing. im saying that you cant do 2004 laptimes with default physics.

@gav: i would like that please so i can see but howd i know that youve used default physics?

@(everyone): im saying this from the reference point of using a keyboard. ive never used a wheel or joystick so i dont know about that. if you use other than a keyboard then my apologies.

Date: March 31, 2004 09:49AM
it´s ok aya , it´s impossible to do that time with the keyboard , but I was talking to borjaserrano :)

Date: March 31, 2004 09:57AM
because i run the bloody league? :)

RIght click and save

[www.geocities.com]

and for the results table for those laps

[www.geocities.com]

this is the 2003 melbourne results, 2004 results can be viewd at the website i posted before (but laps arent there, if u want to view them u have to email me)

Date: March 31, 2004 02:01PM
@gav: i would like that please so i can see but howd i know that youve used default physics?

I don't think physics are included in the saved game - in which case the car would crash at turn 1.

I won't swear to that, but these were all verified with Hofxlap at the time...

Anyway, just have trust... and turn off those aids :P

Melbourne qualifying: 1:24.848
[www.gw2000.plus.com]

Sepang qualifying: 1:33.322
[www.gw2000.plus.com]

Post Edited (03-31-04 21:06)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy