Anyone else had probs with a Geforce FX 5200and XP??

Posted by chet 
Anyone else had probs with a Geforce FX 5200and XP??
Date: March 28, 2004 12:12PM
Posted by: chet
I STILL cannot get GP4 to work after all i have tried, i can only go about 2 laps!!!

I have got the new drivers (56.64) and it still dont work. It just crashes the computer, it either restarts or comes up with a blue screen?!?
uhm.. you might wanna try and change a few stuff in bios... :| i dunno what it's called but in chip set features there is an option to change the agp thingy from week to strong.. if it's on week you'r screwd... but you can just change it to strong.. if it's on strong.. then i dunno :|

Hi guys!!! I have my computer with gforce fx5200 and can play with problem... You must be the last drivers . My only problems are with patch 9.6 I don't know how and why the viper's new season 2003 appear change for example changing the raikkonen cars with montoya,s helmets and others.
regards
pablo.
Re: Anyone else had probs with a Geforce FX 5200and XP??
Date: March 28, 2004 06:13PM
Posted by: CC
I have a GeForce FX5600 and i used to get the same problem. I could only do about 3 laps and it would crash, I too have the lastest drivers.

What i did was set the compatiblity mode to 98SE and that seems to have solved the problem at the moment, I've done 30 laps around the A1 Ring in one sitting and it hasn't crash yet.

Right click on the GP4 exe and select property's, then click on the "Compatibility" tab.
Tick the checkbox "Run this program in compatibilty mode for"
and then from the combobox select Windows 98.

Hope that fix's your problems. It may still crash but hopefully not as often. I've not been able to find the time to sit down and do a realy long race yet.
Date: March 29, 2004 08:22AM
Cheers

Ill try the win98 thing. May i ask which drivers you use and where can i get them??
Date: March 29, 2004 08:34AM
Ive tried running in 98/ME mode, but i still get it crashing?? May i ask which drivers you use and where can i get them??
As with aall GeForce drivers, the nvidia website hosts the drivers :)

Do you have problems in any other games? Is it a Crash To Desktop, or a hard crash (ie reboots)?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 29, 2004 09:45AM
It reboots, and i have the Nvidea driver from the site.

Please help
Date: March 29, 2004 09:57AM
O yeah i have Leadtek Winfast A340T, does that matter??
I don,t think its a problem with driver (56.64) & FX5200 as i run that congig on Me no problems. Make sure old Nvidia driver is uninstalled & then reinstall 56.64.
maybe it`s your gfx card, chet. maybe it`s overhiting, or something like that?

Date: March 29, 2004 10:35AM
How can i stop overheating? Is it safe to change options?
Thats what I'm thinking - its overheating. Does it happen in other games?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 29, 2004 11:30AM
ill see.
Do you have Service pack 1 for xp, I run XP home and have no problems with GP4, try ctrl, alt, delete and see what u have running in the back ground, also turn off any unwanted services that may cause conflict.
If u have a printer try ending spoolsv.exe I have heard this can cause conflicts.

Cheers

Wayne
probably is overheating, try too put a 80mm fan near the gfx card, or open the case (right side of the case).

Date: March 29, 2004 11:43AM
It only happens on GP4, ill end that spoolsv.exe.

What else will cause probs

cheers
Have a look on this site it looks daunting at first but will guide u through the services u can disable safely.

www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wayne
Date: March 29, 2004 03:21PM
Posted by: CC
chet:

Sorry the compatibilty mode thing didn't work for you, shame! And i hope that isn't an omen for me too as i haven't been able to find the time to sit down and do a long race yet since setting it on myself.

As -qwerty- has pointed you to the nVidia site already, thats where i get the drivers.

EDIT:
Some crash to desktop can also be caused by sound drivers, make sure your sound drivers are up-to-date as well or check if there is an update pack for your sound card.

I can't think of anything else to try unfortunately.
Date: March 29, 2004 11:39PM
Where can i get the latest sound card drivers for my card??

All i know is that it is SoundMAX, there is nothing on the website, my motherboard is ASUS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy