Melbourne 2004 track

Posted by Ricardo Lampert 
Re: Melbourne 2004 track
Date: March 19, 2004 12:34PM
Posted by: jawwad01
great work .

one problem,

i know this had been discussed before.

lines on track are appearing to be wider and Blurry . I hope you guys get it . Is there any solution.

Date: March 19, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: ralphi
Looks great.. :)

Date: March 19, 2004 02:56PM
Posted by: quickslick
yes the Track is great, but the Arrows box is closed, so i can't turn out of the box. Is it possible to fix this? i want to drive with Marko's Arrows 2004 burt i can't leave the Box
Date: March 20, 2004 03:59AM
Posted by: ralphi
hmm.. i didn't know it was closed... i don't think there is a way to fix it unless you remake the tack..

Date: March 20, 2004 04:38AM
whats the solution for blurry and wider lines ?????????????

Date: March 20, 2004 06:10AM
Posted by: erwin_78
hack the exe file. Don't know how really....never done it myself, it's the 2003 dat-file (nothing changed in this version), so don't blame me ;)

@Forgotten-Boy, no edit list...just makes the readme too long and i might forget something :)

@Timzaghi, we are trying todo as much as possible this season, so next target is Sepang.

@checha, we didn't intend to make an original pitorder track. Doesn't make sence to me if you have a 2004 track and original pitorder, why not fix the pitorder or use Ricardo's 2003 track?
If you want to have a 2004 component, why not all 2004 components: 2004 pitorder!?
We'll discuss about this, but don't expect too much...

@fongu, odd bug? do you have picture? I don't underdstand, because on the back straight you can't see the qantas bridge yet ;)

@Laurent, just send your files to us, we know what to do ;)

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: March 20, 2004 06:19AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
ok :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: March 20, 2004 10:40AM
in external view . i find the track lines BLURRY AND WIDER .

this is the third time i am asking .

any one else having this prob.

any solution to this prob?

atleast say No

thannnksssssssssss

Date: March 20, 2004 12:03PM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
i have the same prob

Date: March 20, 2004 12:14PM
Posted by: Briere
cant be solved at the moment, coz these lines are made with jips files, so....... ;)

Date: March 20, 2004 12:33PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
If i´m not wrong with my memory, i guess that Ricardo in person already answered the question about the blurry and wider lines in another thread asking about that...
Well he said this happens cause the jip files are an programming engine "heritage" from GP2 ;), wich explains the flaw :).
Date: March 20, 2004 01:20PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yes, that's it, but i was wondering : Is the blurry effect already there with the original Melbourne track lines ?
This has to be checked.

@Erwin: No matter, i will send you that as soon as i will have released 3DEditor 7.9 :) (This nigth or tomorow).

Post Edited (03-20-04 20:23)

Date: March 20, 2004 10:06PM
Posted by: Jet
Is there suppose to be a Fosters logo on the grass in the first corner?
Because I don't see it. Anybody else with this problem?

"Button" ON
Date: March 20, 2004 11:29PM
yes, this sounds interesting... Which camera's do you use to (try) to see it?

Date: March 21, 2004 01:41AM
Posted by: fongu
ok i see the fosters logo in tv camera, but heres a pic of the quantas bridge

Date: March 21, 2004 01:50AM
It's due to the use of DXT5 texture (with full alpha blending).
Using a DXT3 (binary transparency) texture file would fix that.

Do you know how to use DXT3 instead of 5, Erwin ?

Date: March 21, 2004 02:12AM
Posted by: MarioB
We know there are some bugs in the circuit, and there will be a update soon.

jawwad01@ yes you are right abouth the blurry and wider lines; we will try to solve that too.
Lo2k@ no, there didn't have this problem in the orginal track, but the problem is the latest track-pack v3.5 (dat-files)
I can't speak for Erwin but i don't know how to use dxt5 or 3, so if you want please explain it to me.
And last but not least a very big thank you for you (lo2K) for your great program and support, actually we should have said; Melbourne 2004 made by Erwin, Mark, Ricardo and LAURENT!!!!!!!!!

MarioB
Date: March 21, 2004 02:28AM
well i knew there was an issue about transparency, so i normally use an existing tex file, which contains transparency and use that for my 'new' tex file.

But that's it actually, so if you have some additional info about this, which can fix this bug that would be very nice!
But isn't this the same occurence as the fosters bridge on the mainstraight? Would this solution also be able to fix that fosters bridge issue?

Date: March 21, 2004 04:48AM
Yes and no.

Yes this solution can fix the Fosters bridge issue too but the matter is that DXT3 files are using only two state for pixel transparency : transparent or opaque.

For the Quantas bridge, it's not really a problem because you only have full transparent pixel or full opaque ones but for the fosters, glasses are semi transparent and using DXT3 texture will force you weither to use opaque glasses weither fully transparent ones.

The better way to use DXT3 files is as for DXT5 to start from a copy of an existing file in the good format (DXT3) and then use TexResizer and GP4Master to replace texture to new one.

Obviously, when i search for a DXT3, i can't find any : /
So i will search for one offline and will tell you what file you can take as basis.

@Erwin: Did you got my mail ?

Post Edited (03-21-04 11:56)

Date: March 21, 2004 09:02AM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
I agree that Laurent make a part of our team after all without his great 3DEditor and support nothing of this would be possible.

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy