Re: New Rev Counter
Date: March 22, 2004 10:13PM
Posted by: prunn
is that better for the transparency?

still have some bugs...
Date: March 24, 2004 04:51AM
Posted by: MercuryGP
does the white needle still disapear like before, or does it feed back into the red one, like in real life?

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Date: March 24, 2004 07:16AM
Posted by: Party-Boy
Yes,the transparency is definately better than before!
Looks really great,except the font for the number(gear)
Date: March 24, 2004 10:39AM
heres a preview but I'm having some problem installing local fonts so the font wont really work on your computer unless you install it manualy
[www.angelfire.com]
big thanks to the original authors: Terence Yaw, Andrew Fullman and Lo2k

Post Edited (03-25-04 00:35)

PЯuИNИ

[prunn.wordpress.com]
Date: March 24, 2004 12:23PM
Posted by: MercuryGP
I MEAN:

Does the red needle still disappear like before or does it feed back into the white one, like in real life

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Date: March 24, 2004 05:32PM
sorry I diddnt really had time to touch to the needles it's still the same
but I'll be thinking about maybe doing something like that
Date: March 24, 2004 08:23PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

I have a problem... the rev panel shows in all cameras, how can I do to make the panel only shows in onboard cameras?

Date: March 25, 2004 02:56AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
@GP_Racer
You was there at SIC??? Where? When? :-o

Date: March 26, 2004 06:04AM
Posted by: Fullers
@ Terrence, and anyone else thats interested,

Having done a little work on your original revcounter, I thought I would have a go at a complete re-work of my own as I thought that there where a few areas that could look a little more realistic. (This is not a critisism. As a first work it's excellent)
I have used the pic above (posted by Prunn) as a guide and the improvements I have made are....
1.-Separate the dial background from the white markings in order to allow transparency whilst maintaining clear markings.
2.-Re-scale the markings and numbers to better reflect the TV.
3.-Improve screen placement to better reflect TV. I may include multiple .ini files to allow modified size and placement between cockpit and T-cam views to reduce interference in game.
4.-More accurately position red/white rev & gear box.
5.-Re-make white needle. (shorter and fatter)

The only problem I have is cannot match the font. Best I have is Zurich Bold BT which is close, but not perfect. Other thing is I cannot post images to show WIP. If anyone has the correct font or can post a pic for me that would be great...?
Date: March 26, 2004 08:47AM
Posted by: ralv585
@fullers
just send me your pic via email, and i'll post them for you, just click on my name and you'll find the address.

Date: March 29, 2004 04:40AM
Are you there ralv585?

Thanks for the offer to post a couple of screens for me. I posted them to your e-mail on Friday. Since then I have completed all mods (appart from font) and am ready to post the final work. As it is a totaly new work I hope no-one will be offended that I am posting it. In my view it is a significant improvement on currently available.
As I don't know how to post pics or links I cant get feedback first, so I will post at M4Driving website under GP4/Misc in a day or so.

FULLERSF1
Date: March 29, 2004 07:33AM
Posted by: ralv585
@ fullers, sorry about the wait, here's the screenshots.

Date: March 29, 2004 07:49AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
does this one have the red needle feeding back into the white one?

Date: March 29, 2004 08:34AM
Posted by: Leslie
wow

Both looks so cool and real !!

Keep the good jobs coming..

tks: )

LeSLie

Dragon Racing - Home - Gallery - Forum - Download - Enzojz INTERVIEW !! - Gp4 Italia INTERVIEW !!
Date: March 29, 2004 08:59AM
Posted by: anze89
it looks awsome!

Date: March 29, 2004 11:27AM
Posted by: Fullers F1
@ Swooping Falcon,

No, I'm affraid the red needle doesnt feed back into the white one as on the TV due to lack of functionality within GPxPatch. Unless anyone knows differently, all you can currently do is freeze the peak position for a given time duration, at which point it then immediately returns to current rpm. This is why it appears so abrupt. If anyone can advise me how to make the needle behave in the same way as the TV, I will change the behaviour in my work.

"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does" (MW)
Date: March 29, 2004 12:12PM
Posted by: bully
Maybe ask in René's forum?

Driver for RaceCar in GP4IL
Date: March 30, 2004 02:10AM
O.K. I have now posted my revcounter. You can find it here....[www.m4driving.sm]
I have also posted several other team specific style revcounters with LCD display screens if anyone would like to try them. They can be found at...
McLaren Mercedes LCD Revcounter [www.m4driving.sm]
Ferrari LCD Revcounter [www.m4driving.sm]
Williams BMW LCD Revcounter [www.m4driving.sm]

FullersF1

Date: March 30, 2004 04:40AM
Posted by: Michaelschumacher
Good stuff!

Date: March 30, 2004 04:55AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I downloaded it and will try it out soon. Your screens are very good.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy