Poor performance at Hockenheim...why?

Posted by NickKK 
Poor performance at Hockenheim...why?
Date: March 09, 2004 03:54PM
Posted by: NickKK
Ok I've been making my way slowly through a full out championship and now im up to Hockenheim. I drive with keyboard at Ace level and normally I am around 0.5-1.5secs faster than AI depending on how I manage my setup. My weakest performance was at Silverstone where I was around 0.3 secs off the pace of top runners but that's because Silverstone is very much a wheel circuit it's very hard to drive properly with a keyboard.
Anyway now I'm at Hockenheim and I ran loadsa tests and tweaking setups and all, I go to Friday practive and whosh AI is doing 1:36.3 and I can't manage below 1:38.5. I know that there isn't much in terms of driving at Hockenheim but surely something is wrong I get same top speeds as everyone else and I know i'm driving pretty much at my limits so what's wrong :( Sorry for long post this really has me puzzled I used to do so well at Hockenheim in GP2 I'm using 2002 phys btw the one with really high revs.
Re: Poor performance at Hockenheim...why?
Date: March 10, 2004 01:44PM
Posted by: laurent
Hockenheim is a real steering wheel circuit, more than Silverstone, cause you cant cut chicans with keys...

Date: March 10, 2004 02:31PM
Posted by: Big_F1_Fan
i use a joystick, and just to show off, i was 1 second faster in qualy than the rest of the field. it all fell apart in the race tho :(

like laurent says i doubt if u can ride the kerbs very well with the keyboard, and i find that riding the kerbs saves me a lot of time at hockenheim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 11, 2004 04:40PM
Damn I'm gonna have my job cut out to win the champ now ah well at least I love Spa and Indy.
Date: March 11, 2004 04:52PM
Posted by: ZOLL
Nick, what top speed are you reaching? in gp2 i was used to reach 350 km/h in the straights with a Ferrari and 355 in gp3 as long as i take out completely the aerodynamics and with a the car almost 45 mm of the ground in the rear, everything with keyboard.
Date: March 12, 2004 04:22AM
Posted by: PLAYLIFE
I have a similar problem at Hockenheim also (keyboard user). The 2nd chicane I seem to make up a lot of time, but lose time everwhere else, especially the last corner, if you miss the apex the computer pulls you really wide.

1977-1982
Gli Anni Della Febbre
Gilles Villeneuve
Date: March 12, 2004 08:17AM
Posted by: dolinseks
yes, the whole third sector is awfull if you are driving with a kb.

Date: March 12, 2004 11:22AM
Well top speed is around 353 I havent tried slipstream, that would be close to 370 maybe and yes I lose most of my time in sector 3. The last double apex corner always throws me to the outside, really nasty...
Date: March 12, 2004 03:21PM
Posted by: Xero
Havn't done Hockenheim for a while, but I can remember doing well there! I agree with what Big_F1_Fan said... you save some time riding the kerbs harder. (that sounds wrong!) I use a wheel, probably don't get the freedom to ride the kerbs with a keyboard. All you keyboard users should consider getting a wheel if you can afford it!... makes the game alot better!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy