what can be done with 3DEditor - part 2: Pit lines

Posted by Lo2k 
k, sorry...it's just that it's not always working, so i don't like to make much promises..

To give an idea anyway of what i have done

* Improved fosters logo in turn 1
* Shell logo in turn 3
* new (Ricardo's) Fosters beerglass texture
* improved Qantas bridge

and what i want to do....

* add a orange pion at the end of the back straight (don't mind the texture, will be updated later)
* add Orange logo's before pitentry

and

* Add "Melbourne" on top of the roof. Won't see it from the car, but i think it is cool ;)

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
wow , looks much better than original circuit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done erwin ! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Re: what can be done with 3DEditor - part 2: Pit lines
Date: March 11, 2004 07:55PM
Posted by: Briere
It'd be great if you could 'update' all the tracks that were used in 1991, with 1991 spec adboards. :) ;)

Post Edited (03-12-04 03:02)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
looks great, but i have a few questions

are you going to change the pit enterence, if it is possible?

and will you be using the new airgun peace by Lo2k?

sorry if im being annoying

As you can see below. I changed the pitlane in the dat-file. Exported it to GP4 and there was.... no change. Me and the cc just brake for the 'corners' in the 'pitlane'.

I don't know if the pitlane is something special (?) and what do i need to change anything further?

(also working on the new spain and that's going quite well untill now)

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
This is really mind boggling...Fantastic work allround

To finish first, first you have to finish
@Erwin: Great logos: Foster's, Shell and Orange on the grass. :)
Great job mate !

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
don't thank me, thank the big logo site...i just grabbed them and put them in the textures :)

Date: March 12, 2004 07:44AM
Posted by: DEF
@Erwin:

Great job....What about new pitlane entry??????????

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
This track is gonna be sweet, Can`t wait

nice work to all the people involved

T H A N K S

Coolermaster HAF XM Case | Asus Sabertooth Z77 Board | Intel i7 3770K@4.2ghz | Thermalright Silver Arrow | 8gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 | nVidia GTX 480 | 2x60gb Corsair Force GT SSD in RAID0 | 2xSeagate 1TB HD | Logitech G25 Wheel
Date: March 12, 2004 11:25AM
Posted by: b-tone
is there any news on remapping faces/objects?

i'm doing 1988 suzuka and want to add some stuff but can only do it (i think) by retexturing.
or maybe i'll try something.

anyway heres some pics, but its a big job moving everything into right places etc

new 88 style replay logo, and new starting light sequence:

____
Tony

as far as i know (and doing) is to change the coordinates for each face of what it shoud map on the texture. It's by far no ZM mapping, but you can do some nice stuff with it and that's enough for me...

I rather have more features for the col-file. You can only change the tarmac faces...not adding, which makes adding corners, new strokes impossible.

nice work Tony!

@Diego, nope...not gonna happen. For now it's impossible to change the pitlane. See NiGhTmArE666's post.

Just been reading this post and it amazing what everyones doing.
Keep up the good work.
GP4 is still alive, like it was when it was new.

Date: March 12, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@b-tone: Your '88 adverts are looking very good.
No, no news about faces/objects because i worked on so many things the last days and i havent remind this particular wish :)

@Erwin: Hmm, i can't see what adding faces to .col files migth be usefull for, any example ?

@B-tone and Erwin : If you want, you can build a wishlist, and i will tell you if i can add them and what time will be needed.

Post Edited (03-12-04 23:20)

well lets say you want to add an extra lane or corner, you have to change the gp4 for the player. With the editor we can do this, but to get the tarmac feeling (and not wishing to play rally with gp4) you have to change the col file.

But the col file has the same layout (wiremodel) as the original gp4 file. (i see a convert possibility here, but let's _not_ talk about that.) What i can do at the moment is change the properties of the face, so it will behave anotherwise right? By doing this i will lose the entire face and probably a grass runoff erea.

Other option is to move the original corner, but then yes i loose the original corner :)

Date: March 13, 2004 03:53AM
Hmm, I think i get it but i can't think of an easy way to edit that...I can see a feature slicing faces and this way creating new vertices/faces, but i don't know if it can be coded easily (i havn't work on .col file since a quite long time).

yeah, i noticed that... col file editing isn't working properly anymore. I had to go back to 5.1 to do something. 7.X creates errors. 6.X looses focus when going to vertici level (it jumps back to face 1).

However editing the hard surfaces (pitwall in this case) creates some kind of a ghost pit wal ??? GP4 is weird stuff, you know that?

[edit]set correct version number[/edit]

Post Edited (03-13-04 13:32)

Date: March 13, 2004 11:07AM
Yes, i saw this(col editing isn't working anymore in 3DEditor 7.x), looking at .col files after having read your post.
I will re-enable it as soon as possible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy