Williams FW 26 - V2 Preview

Posted by Dahie 
Re: Williams FW 26 - V0.9 Beta Release
Date: April 20, 2004 12:05PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
@ Dahie
To be honest, I don't know how new planks look like, there are no pictures available, at least I couldn't find it. But if new planks are dark, I can assume all cars have it, so I'll map dark version from now on. I wouldn't move wooden version though, you never know.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: April 20, 2004 03:14PM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
I am sure Montoya will show his car bottom soon or later he will crash... It will not be first time when he crash... Maby we will see it again this weekend???
Date: April 20, 2004 04:11PM
Posted by: ralv585
great car, noticed how you said we shouldn't upload to any other website, but i've just seen it on f1gp4.it, dont know if you gave them permission, just thought you'd like to know.

Date: April 20, 2004 08:27PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
mark surer,former f1 driver and now commentator, sad the planks are not anymore made of wood than made of kind of plastic. make it look like carbon. thats ok imo.
btw,really nice car. will u think about this in ur next release: i need the engine texture on the back like on vipers ferrari 03, not when the car is broken! that looks really good.
ur car is that much detailed, my hert jumps. brakes, coolings for the brakes, the wings under and beside and so on... cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2004 08:30PM by stifflers mum.
Date: April 20, 2004 09:14PM
Posted by: ajkundi
im also having some problems, in the readme it says that if i use the wadinstaller.exe to insert the car into the game i can choose which slot the cars goes into team02 for mclaren slot and team03 for williams, only for me there is only the option to use the mclaren slot. so because i use the original gp4 orders for the cars, i changed the names of the .gp4 files so they would fit into the williams slot and used wadupdater 2.3 to install the car but i could only see the car shape when on the t-cam view but it was all white and on the main camera i still saw the FW25.

if anyone could help fix these problems then i would be very grateful, but if you can't then i'll understand because it's only a beta version of the car.

Thanx anyway
Date: April 20, 2004 09:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah planks haven't been made of wood for many years, because wood expands and warps/changes shape with different temperatures, and also absorbs water on a wet track, which is not good, but they have still been made to look like wood with the colour. not sure when they stopped colouring them like wood and moved to the dark colour.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 20, 2004 09:33PM
Posted by: Dahie
@ralv:

no, I didn't give permission and I'm really pissed off ...
And I'm getting even more pissed, when I see other sides ... congrats GP4Italia!

@ajkundi:

RTFM, I only included one install ...

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2004 09:43PM by Dahie.
Date: April 20, 2004 09:40PM
Posted by: PSVwally
Only thing i got to mention besides the t-cams and the mirrors in this beta release is that this 'beast' behaves very bad in wt weather conditions.
Date: April 20, 2004 10:40PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
@ralv:

no, I didn't give permission and I'm really pissed off ...
And I'm getting even more pissed, when I see other sides ... congrats GP4Italia!

hey guys, dont be pissed. it smells not very good.
ur work is absolut cool and unique, but dont make a big thing
to give ur permission to anyone out there. the fans love to drive ur superb cars,so it will be equal from where they come. gp4italia or here or somewhere else. so dont get angry iv they push ur work in front when they release it.
imagine, goeff would havethe rghts to give permission to any changed ´car or layout or somewhat.
and heres is thank u even for u!:
[www.mox-epoque.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2004 10:42PM by stifflers mum.
Date: April 20, 2004 10:42PM
Posted by: calimbo
Why, i'm the only one who don't have it yet!!! where's the fu(king link????
Date: April 20, 2004 11:01PM
Posted by: team cason
stifflers mum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey guys, dont be pissed. it smells not very
> good.
> ur work is absolut cool and unique, but dont make
> a big thing
> to give ur permission to anyone out there. the
> fans love to drive ur superb cars,so it will be
> equal from where they come. gp4italia or here or
> somewhere else. so dont get angry iv they push ur
> work in front when they release it.
> imagine, goeff would havethe rghts to give
> permission to any changed ´car or layout or
> somewhat.
> and heres is thank u even for u!:
> [www.mox-epoque.de]

He didn't give permission to release it because it isn't finished yet. It's a 0.9 Beta. It was clearly labelled to not release it but the scumbags still did.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Date: April 20, 2004 11:20PM
Posted by: F1Master
After using the car for a while I agree with some of the comments made about certain things like the sidepod texture being white, red t-cam being on both cars and those vanes on the rear wing being missing with Ralf.

I have two other things to note. When in t-cam view the clear cockpit visor flickers on and off randomly. also it doesn't seem to be fit properly, it seems too high and doesn't follow the cockpit shape exactly.

The INVENT logo on the rear wing needs to be slightly bigger and bolder.

Apart from this and the diffuser not being exact its perfect!

Date: April 21, 2004 12:12AM
Posted by: FortKnox
@ dahie

1-the Download has been made public on the site of the Ctdp.
2-it has not been specified that the download was exclusive.
3-the Download has been removed.
4-in the future do not repeat the same mistake, you put the finished and not beta jobs online.
respects the others, the mistake you have done it not we.

congratulations you have done a big Stronzata.

bye...bye
Date: April 21, 2004 12:31AM
no m8, you're an idiot.

All over that download was written "IT'S NOT ALLOWED TO BE PUBLISHED ANYWHERE"

Say it together kids "IT'S NOT ALLOWED TO BE PUBLISHED ANYWHERE"

Learn to read, it comes in handy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2004 12:34AM by team cason.
Date: April 21, 2004 12:35AM
Posted by: FortKnox
idiot you will be you and 36 of your relatives.
Date: April 21, 2004 12:41AM
why 36?

Date: April 21, 2004 12:45AM
Posted by: F1Master
What an idiot that fortknox is. Is he one of the leeches that took this download and published it without consent by chance? Is this loser from one of those sites by chance?

Get a grip and bog off and by the way, your english is terrible!

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: April 21, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: JamesM
I can't believe how many simple minded @#$%& there are on the net O_o

==================================
Huh?
Date: April 21, 2004 01:55AM
Posted by: six degrees
blaming Dahie for having to take the f26 beta off their website... hahaha, good joke :)

oh wait, you're being serious?

let's take a look at the screenie shall we:

let's call this evidence a ;)

you can clearly see the words "beta", "don't" and "publish" surely there's a subtle hint there.

ok you might not have seen that screenie (an acheivement in itself since it's linked here, is is the dl package etc)... but the dl link on the ctdp website clearly states "Beta-version of the Williams FW 26 2004
Don't release this file on your homepage"

kinda obvious really, it's no wonder dahie's pissed, god knows I would be...

e// forgot to post my views on the car lol... looks great, I haven't noticed any bugs which haven't been reported, looking forward to the v1.0 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2004 01:56AM by six degrees.
Date: April 21, 2004 12:08PM
Posted by: iliveonthemoon
FortKnox posted:

"in the future do not repeat the same mistake, you put the finished and not beta jobs online.
respects the others, the mistake you have done it not we."

well, dahie put the beta up for people to try and give him feedback so that the final version could be as damn near perfect as possible. that's a mistake??? ha!

the only mistake that has been made is that some arogant turds have published it elsewhere, against the wishes of the author.

i'm sure that dahie wouldn't have minded them putting the final version on their site. not sure now though!!

what is this world coming to, if someone can put something on the net, asking for it not to be published elsewhere, and then his simple request is ignored!

btw - great car dahie! love it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy