What can be done with 3DEditor

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: What can be done with 3DEditor
Date: February 29, 2004 11:58AM
Posted by: Stan
@lo2k why you dont do a filter for zm for the tracks?
would be easyer i guess

Date: February 29, 2004 12:01PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
We need more Miscellaneous people in the pitlane other than the pitcrews, like camermen team members, fia people etc, in the garages too. Even if they were just flat bitmaps(like the trackside marshalls), it would give things a more inhabited feel.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: February 29, 2004 12:13PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
yes that would be awesome :)

Date: February 29, 2004 12:13PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
superb work Lo2k :D. it's great to see it's also opened up a whole load of new ideas, i'm particularly liking Berger_Fan's idea

Date: February 29, 2004 01:09PM
Posted by: Didigp4
Magnifique Laurent ! Très beau travail, comme on l'a dit c'est fou ce que de si petits changements peuvent faire ! (I didnt want to write in english, even if I usually like to ;))

----------------------------

Didigp4
Date: February 29, 2004 01:35PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
@Berger_Fan: we also need the team people under the team tents in front of the pits, and for the pits it´s needed the fuel cases too.
Date: February 29, 2004 01:55PM
Posted by: jawwad01
cooool:) great job lo2k

Date: February 29, 2004 03:10PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Stan : @lo2k why you dont do a filter for zm for the tracks?
would be easyer i guess

Easier for who ?
Not for me for sure.
I'm not a particular ZM enthusiast and furthermore the ZM file format is not open source so i can't easily export to this format.
I have anyhow other formats in the sight, between them are, wrl, opengl or maybe 3ds. But as i told on the thread about 3DEditor 6.6, one thing at a time.

Berger_Fan : We need ...
Don't need it, do it ! It's as simple as cliking on a button, choose a 50cm*1.80m vertical face, choosing a cameraman texture from the track texture panel to map onto and saving the .gp4 file.
2 clicks on Wadupdater/update track and it's done.
It's not that painfull ! :)

Date: February 29, 2004 03:44PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Looks nice. I tried something similar already at Melborne, only the textures weren't that pretty (i stink @ painting) and my weren't attachted to poles, but on the pitbox. We want it in our final version, but we'll see what happens.

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: February 29, 2004 04:23PM
Posted by: matt
looks good.the only problem i can see is you would have to reposition the rigs otherwise when your car comes out of the garage youre gonna drive right through them

Date: February 29, 2004 05:48PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
@matt: If there were a way to show the fuel rigs only with the race pit crew...
Date: February 29, 2004 11:38PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
mmm if they are just tex files, then it can be done with CSM 1.0. just swap them for a seethrough version in practice ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: March 01, 2004 08:17AM
Posted by: ViperF1
Sorry , but what's the difference to the original gp4??what's new?

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&quot;I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing.&quot; - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: March 01, 2004 08:44AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
??? Look on 1st screenshot - above ferrari. Dont know what its called in english so - please look! ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 01, 2004 09:13AM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
@Lok2

Great job!
3ds filter would be nice in the future.

U/

Date: March 01, 2004 09:45AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Viper, the difference is the metal frame linking the wheel guns and fuel rigs :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 01, 2004 11:33AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Someone managed to do this for F1 2002 a year or so ago, and it does make a lot of difference.

I'd never noticed though that there wasn't actually a fuelling rig, just a pipe! So that would be cool too :)

Keep up the good work Lo2K

Date: March 01, 2004 01:11PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Matt: a good point for you :)

About fuel rig, is there anyone having photos of it. I can't find any for now...

Date: March 01, 2004 01:26PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
This is infuriating!!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. the documentation describes the various tabs and options and stuff, but it doesnt tell me how to get a track loaded in the editor, with full textures. I load the suzuka.gp4 file(for example), and it loads the objects, but how do i get the textures too? Heeeeeeeeelp!!!

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: March 01, 2004 02:12PM
Posted by: NS
what you have to do is like you take monaco2001.wad and extract all the files out of it with gp4master or something like that, then get the latest version of TexEditor and convert all the .tex files to .tga files, put the tga files together with the monaco2001.gp4 file (also found in the wad file) in a directory and open monaco2001.gp4 with 3Deditor, then it will automaticly loads the textures with the track

and remember, before starting to edit the track files, read the documentation :P there you can read everything you have to know (also how to load textures with the tracks :P)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy