My GP4 is now perfect!

Posted by anze89 
Re: My GP4 is now perfect!
Date: February 25, 2004 02:18AM
Posted by: LarryM
Neil:
I know what you mean. I thought there was something wrong with the game especially F12002. GP4 uses the CPU alot, so I didn't notice anything wrong there. It turned out my mobo's agp drivers were missing. When I sorted that out and updated my video drivers, F1C looked as real, in fact even more real than GP4 (GP4 tends to have one or other front wheel off the track). Also the way the cars behaved in slow corners looked awesome, just like on Telly.

Do you know how to make a video from a replay?. If I knew how I could perhaps demonstrate this. It took me alot of patience to figure out my rig's problems. Race replays have been crap with my old rig. I think the CPU came under pressure there.

The physics model in F1C also seems to take up alot of calculating muscle- it is much more detailed than in GP4. This can affect controler reponse in F1c in cp, when CPU occupancy goes over a certain level.

Since I started rambling, I might as well continue. Something completely different: For example on Physics: in Gp4 when your plank touches the ground it just gets worn and then it slows your top speeds down when you exceed legal limits. At low speeds in slow corners the plank touching the ground has no noticable effect on the cars behaviour. In F1C if your plank is on the ground at the rear you tend to spin in slow corners. This is the main reason why some people give up on the game. If you check your telemetry, you can see why this is happening. Most people drive with a too low ride hight at the back. When you correct this, the corners are still challenging, but with correct throttle they are a dream, and correspond to what you will see in on-board laps. Suddenly you feel that you are in control of this powerful and demanding car...total immersion! This is one reason why I am hooked.

Such detailed Physics modelling may take up alot of CPU power. Since the graphics also require rather alot of CPU power in addition to a good graphics card (for eye candy) the muscle often isn't there.

GP4 will run well if you have over 30 fps steady. In F1c it is better to have a minimum of 40 fps. Fps are not fixed like in Gp4, which can cause jerky graphics in F1C on parts of the track - in replays especially. THe more cars there are within a certain field, the worse it gets.

Despite the complaints about GP4's graphics demands, it is actually quite easy on the rig - I was running it with faulty agp drivers at 37 fps everything maxed 4xaa and 16xaf. So I understand what you mean Neil. But trust me, F1C looks incredible in TV mode- when there are not too many cars around at the same time and your rig is in order. Now where is my new graphics card? :)

Post Edited (02-25-04 10:10)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 25, 2004 09:21AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

get FRAPS.

google it i not sure of the site, u can take record replays with that.

tell u what larry, ill replay F1C around melbourne, and then do GP4 around melbourne. ill drive both laps... and then ill post them. you do the same, i want to see just how different our games can be :)

Date: February 25, 2004 09:31PM
Sounds good Neil. But First:

- I need to get my Graphics card back
- I need to reinstall the game to my new 7200 HD (Fraps needs that, it says)
I tried out Fraps 2 (only 15 secs and it was awfully slow). I tried the 1.9D version also, but didn't seem to work. Hmmmm.

This sounds like a good idea. Though. It may be next wek before I get it done though.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 26, 2004 01:41AM

yah i have to fix my gp4 aswell, i was fiddeling around with the cars.wad and tgrying to get it so i only needed lod_0 in there, and now it CTD's on loading screen hmmm

once i get around to doing that, ill record on TV mode in gp4 and F1C :)

Date: February 26, 2004 07:22AM
Posted by: ralv585
Have any of tried to run the game maxed out?
i mean dynamic lighting set to 22, heat haze, videowalls etc.
if so, post a screenshot to lets us see what the games really supposed to look like.
Date: February 26, 2004 11:59AM
Posted by: dolinseks
"Have any of tried to run the game maxed out?"

No, we don`t have AMD 12000+ to do it.

Date: February 26, 2004 12:58PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: February 26, 2004 12:58PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
eheh . nah , you "just" need a AMD 3200+ , a radeon 9800 XT 256 mb and 1024 DDR :)

easy isnĀ“t it ? :)

Post Edited (02-26-04 20:01)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: February 27, 2004 09:52AM
then i "only" need radeon 9800xt. :)

Anze89 are u from slovenia?

Date: February 27, 2004 10:09AM
and ram 512ddr :)

Date: February 28, 2004 04:32AM
Neil:
I ran movies on Fraps 1.9d, on both games, but th evideo has captured a corner of the screen only! The car is not visible. What do you think the problem is?

BTW: Running GP4 everything maxed is possible with amd 2400 and a Rad 9700 pro. FPs c 30

Larry
Date: February 28, 2004 04:49AM
Posted by: b-tone
i think fraps needs 640x480 res for video capture - its in the readme ;)

____
Tony

Date: February 28, 2004 05:05AM
"FPs c 30"

that`s not max, 60 fps is max. :)

Date: February 28, 2004 05:18AM
Posted by: anze89
yes, I'm from slovenia.

Date: February 28, 2004 05:27AM
iz kerga mesta?

Date: February 28, 2004 05:28AM
js sm iz nm

Date: February 28, 2004 06:07AM
Posted by: NS
dynamic lighting set to 22

i did that and did other values to the highest they could but my PO was about 1000% :P
Date: February 28, 2004 06:24AM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Yeah, well my good old Amiga 1200 plays F1GP prefectly. Oh sorry, wrong forum. :P

My PC likes GP4, but for lanning, I need to use the original carset, otherwise the game struggles like mad. Dont know why.

AMD 1.2ghz at 800x600 (not too good - but playable)
Nvidia FX5200
mirrors, high texture, video walls, and cockpit visors! Works at about 70% processor.

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Date: February 28, 2004 07:12AM
Turn of video walls Viper.

Date: February 28, 2004 10:14AM

hmmm i have yet to have spare time to attemt this, so ill have a go soon mabey monday.

i know max downforce used a video capture program to do his preview movies for his mod, i wonder what he used

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy