Date: February 20, 2004 12:07AM
Posted by: Lord Kamder
what kind of idea? :-o:-o:-o
please let us know :)

[www.gp4italia.org]
Re: CART 2002 MOD Online
Date: February 20, 2004 03:10AM
Posted by: fongu
maybe so that the hands touch the wheel???? that would be nice :)

Date: February 20, 2004 03:24AM
Posted by: b-tone
oggo - in the 88 set i solved the hands problem by cutting the bottom off the wheel in stwheel.tex.
the missing piece isnt really visible too much.

but maybe madman has something better ;-)

____
Tony

Date: February 20, 2004 05:46AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Mmm... Madman having an idea! That's great! ;) And thank you all!
About the steering wheel problem, I don't think I'll fix it, becuase it's not so important I think :) But if Madman creates somthing, then I'll fix it ;)
@Guimengo
I'm working on Jordan 194 with Lord Kamder... And maybe there will be a surprise ;)

Date: February 20, 2004 08:32AM
Posted by: Max Headroom
There is one more thing you should consider fixing, i was going to point it out after your last mod but i thought you knew and would do something about it.
The cars are too thin. The wheels are too close together, only the F1 cars where made thinner not the Champ cars.

MAX.

Date: February 20, 2004 12:00PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hehehe, thanks Oggo :D Sweet!

Date: February 20, 2004 01:18PM
Posted by: RAF
Is there no keyboard support for this mod? I can't get it to work using my keyboard. I start a race and none of my controls work!?

I hate MS.
Date: February 20, 2004 01:30PM
@RAF
Try just selecting the keyboard form control menu of Gp4 when lunching the MOD.. It works with keyboard, as I've tested it with keyboard 90% of the times...
@Max
Mmm... only a few people told me this, but I've checked many times the width of the car, and it seems ok to me. And keep in mind that a Champ Car is only 20 cm larger than an F1 car, and 10 cm lower. And if you compare my model to an F1 model, you'll notice it's a bit larger. As you can see, 20 cm can't really be recreated as "larger" in a scaled model... ;)

Date: February 20, 2004 01:51PM
Maybe the cars a too long?
Date: February 20, 2004 02:05PM
Oggo, the steering and brakes work but not accelleration. Am about to test it on another PC to see if the same occurs. There's no start engine button or anything silly like that is there, or anything conflicting with selecting launch control?

I hate MS.
Date: February 20, 2004 02:19PM
OK on this PC it wont work at all. I launch carset manager, select the CART mod and the origional GP4 starts every time. I'm using the decrypted out of the box EXE and everything but the origional GP4 always starts. I have GPXPatch installed too.

I hate MS.
Date: February 20, 2004 02:21PM
@RAF
As I've told, I've got no problems using keayboard with my MOD... so I really don't know what could be the problem...

@Max
Mmm... Don't know... Champ Cars are 35/40 cm longer than an F1 car... So I think it's correct... As I've told you before, I think the shape is quite well proportionated. I've worked on them more than 6 monthes to reach the better I could, and I think they're of the correct size... :) Anyway, keep in mind that perspective in photos or in-game distorts real chassis size...

Date: February 20, 2004 02:33PM
Any ideas why it keeps launching the origional and not the mod?

I hate MS.
Date: February 20, 2004 05:01PM
Posted by: fongu
my keyboard loads fine.....just the head movement in tweaker is jumpy thats all.

Yeah i think the cars a tad slim......well not the cars too much, but the tyres at least should be wider. Its not too long.

Date: February 20, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: ZaZ
@RAF
show your log file
you have multiple gp4's installed on that machine? it should work, but then the settings have to be correct
give me as much info as possible
and ps.
why do you hate micheal schumacher :P

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: February 21, 2004 01:30AM
Very well then.
Date: February 21, 2004 02:47AM
Posted by: NS
i still hope the hands on the steering wheel could be fixed, it just doesn't feel right !
Date: February 21, 2004 09:44AM
Posted by: champ
newbie question,be kind. installed cart mod, have cars,runs great. read in the release statement about long beach and motegi tracks. how do i install them? thanks in advance.
Date: February 21, 2004 11:27AM
D/l the update file and then install into Gp4 main dir :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy