MDP Fantasy Mod: Out Now!!!

Posted by Max Downforce 
Re: MDP Fantasy Mod: Out Now!!!
Date: February 19, 2004 11:39AM
Posted by: marcl
dont know what happened it all installed ok and it said i was senna i changed the cam angles and it then said i was rubens.

Now i can never get the right driver names and the teams now say ferrari, mclaren, sauber back to the orig ones :(

When i then exit the game the CSM restores back to my orig GP4

Worked out whats going on i think, its picked up the names from the viper update and the performance file i installed the other week. It seems to be picking up all the settings from gpx patch

But the part of the mod i saw its fantastic

Post Edited (02-19-04 19:00)

Date: February 19, 2004 11:40AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Incredible!!! :-o

Date: February 19, 2004 12:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@Max,same problem as marcl wrong names with the teams

great carset Max :)
Date: February 19, 2004 12:16PM
only way seems to be what i just done.

Uninstall gp4
Date: February 19, 2004 12:23PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Ok...here's what's wrong (i think)

The mod has it's own performance file which is stored inside the data/performance within gpsave/fantasy mod (or whatever) dir. As CSM does allow some of the original GPxpatch files to be used it can happen that it uses performance files that you have somewhere within the GPxdata dir. This is caused by installers that f*ck up your original gp4 structure. CSM and the mod are designed to work best with original or patched GP4. And some GPxpatch features are disabled by the mod like track dependent wads, but if you happen to have other things in your GP4 that are not original there can be problems.

So locate the other performance file and temporarily disable it by renaming it or uncheck it in GPxpatch.

I don't know exactly what you did but the mod is designed to disable the other gpxpatch performance files. So something's wrong here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: February 19, 2004 12:28PM
Ok the install is complete and all repatched.

I now have a problem with the menu art and no longer have the new sounds

When it updates it says the file can not be found for the cameras

This is a great mod thanks for all your hard work

Post Edited (02-19-04 20:11)

Date: February 19, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: ZaZ
was csm still running while you reinstalled gp4 perhaps?
always close csm before editing or deleting gp4, otherwise there's a possibilty the mod get screwed :)

if you use trackspecific performance in your original install this is a way to fix it (maybe Max will release an update, but i don't know that)
go to %gp4dir%\GPSAVES\Carsets\mdp_fantasy_mod_full_version_1 0\Settings\GpxPatch\
and open gpxset.ini
goto the Perfmanager section and add

Path01=notused.txt
Path02=notused.txt
Path03=notused.txt
Path04=notused.txt
Path05=notused.txt
Path06=notused.txt
Path07=notused.txt
Path08=notused.txt
Path09=notused.txt
Path10=notused.txt
Path11=notused.txt
Path12=notused.txt
Path13=notused.txt
Path14=notused.txt
Path15=notused.txt
Path16=notused.txt
Path17=notused.txt

don't add it to your normal gpxpatch dir, because then your normal settings are lost :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: February 19, 2004 03:32PM
i totally removed gp4 csm and removed it all from the registry.

Then reinstalled gp4 gp4 patch, no cd, gp4 tweaker,

Then i started up gp4.

Stopped gp4 then installed csm then the fantasy update.
Date: February 19, 2004 03:41PM
Posted by: ZaZ
but it says that it can't find the camera file?
make sure you have the decrypted exe (no-cd patch is not enough)
**scratches head**
umm...
what is the error exactly, and what does the log say?
and make sure all the missing files are in the mod dir before trying.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: February 19, 2004 10:09PM
Posted by: mckey415
@ZaZ & Max:

in a thread about release of CSM 1.0 you said that advanced documention on csm will be released with this mod. will it available for download as a separate pack? or i can get just with the mod?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: February 19, 2004 11:50PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
CSM and the Mod are two seperate packages. CSM comes with Easywad and the basic (user)docs. Knight will write the advanced Carsert/Modmaker docs in the next few weeks as they are a bit more complicated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: February 20, 2004 01:41AM
I think u might be right ZaZ think i forgot the decrypted exe what a prat i am.

Will try again later thanks for that

All it says is csm file not found i move the error box down and its as its installing the cameras.

Anyone know where i can get it as the one on this site is only for the orig GP4 and not after the offical patch. Every thing i am looking at says its the same as the decrypted no cd patch

As i said i have not got the new menus or the loading pages or the new music or driver pics.

The cars and the drivers names in the game are there though its just every thing else :(

Post Edited (02-20-04 09:32)

Date: February 20, 2004 03:08AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o GREAT WORK! SUPERB!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 20, 2004 03:09AM
Posted by: fongu
can someone please send me a gp4.exe decryted no-cd and with patch.....the one from the main site doesnt work for me in the mod :(

me0u2278@liv.ac.uk

Date: February 20, 2004 03:16AM
fongu

The decryted no-cd download works from the download page part am trying to find out if this is the correct one or not. Am still not 100% sure if this is causing the problem as it still allows for the cars to be updated.

When i installed the update the 1st time the only problem i had was the driver names and performance file.

Since i reinstalled gp4 u can see the problem i have had :( and i have not done anything different from what i done the other week when i had to reinstall my pc.
Date: February 20, 2004 03:23AM
for me its just the cam file......... when i ran it off my second hard drive it worked fine...... really weird :/

Date: February 20, 2004 03:29AM
Do u run the install straight from .rar file or extract it to the c: drive.

I have tried both and can not get it to install when i extract it to my c: drive.

Do all your menus work? and the new sounds as well

the decryted no-cd exe should be all u need cause it over rights the gp4.exe file anyway

Post Edited (02-20-04 10:30)

Date: February 20, 2004 03:30AM
everything worked fine, it was just the cam files didnt patch it and that was all that didnt work

Date: February 20, 2004 03:34AM
the 1st time i installed the update with the gpxpatch in place it worked fine the cams and everything worked ok apart from 2 things driver name and performance.

As i said since the reinstall hardly anything works its well strange.

I would not replace your exe file yet as u could well get the same probs as me

Post Edited (02-20-04 10:35)

Date: February 20, 2004 03:36AM
well i've tried lots of gp4.exes, from other mods and they work fine, but since they've been edited say for tracks or whatever, then i have weird effects. I'd just like a gp4.exe to put in the carset folder to make it work

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy