[www.f1-grandprix.com]

and here

[www.rinklef.de]

Post Edited (02-11-04 07:03)
Re: Jordan 194 WIP [Updated]
Date: February 11, 2004 06:42AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
@ Mckey
Ok, I'll make it rounder And I'll post some new shtos as soons as i make it :)

@quickslick
thnx for the links :)

Date: February 11, 2004 08:12AM
It seems it ttok me less than what i thought make the nose... Here are the shots taken from the different principal angles, so you can take a look at the whole shape carefully. Tell me if there's anything I should modify :)

[edit]images removed to save time for 56k modems :) See below for newer pics[/edit]

Post Edited (02-12-04 14:52)

Date: February 11, 2004 09:56AM
Posted by: fongu
looks great oggo, im not sure, but i think the nose should be thinner,well more the monocoque/cockpit area should be thinner. Judging from the front wing, i see its late season version so i think you should add the hole in the rollover bar

Date: February 11, 2004 10:07AM
Yup, fongu, i know it's too wide.I've already changed it :) About the hole, Jordan used to have only a little hole on the top of the airbox (as i can see from the photos i have), and adding a gole there would be almost invisible. If there were other holes, let me know, because i can't see then in my photos ;)

Date: February 11, 2004 10:51AM
cool, you can always do it in textures. My pacific cockpit is about that wide! But its accurate tho :/. Cant wait to see it with textures, cant see that much from just a plain shape at the moment. Good work :)

Date: February 11, 2004 11:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
looks about spot on to my unknowing eyes ;) - nice work :)

____
Tony

Date: February 11, 2004 01:54PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
It looks like your using the 'drawn' Image of the car as your refference, rather than photos(if the front wing endplates and the headrest-to-airbox are anything to go by). What I mean is, from the base of the headrest up to the airbox, should be a continuous curve, rather than a sharp angle.

There also seems to be a bit of the bodywork missing from under the cockpit, which joins to the bottom of the car.
Oh, and don't forget the double arials on the nose, ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: February 11, 2004 02:44PM
Thank you very much for the advice Berger_Fan. I'm correcting it. The lower part of the cockpit hasn't been done yet. And the arials are already there in my PC ;)

Date: February 11, 2004 04:01PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Great job so far
Date: February 11, 2004 10:37PM
Posted by: mckey415
yes, fongu is right... the cockpit and the middle part of the car is too wide and that ake the car looks overweight... jordan was light and beautiful.

and berger_fan is right too... you guys should use more photos when making cars. sometimes that drawn images are far away from real cars...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: February 12, 2004 07:56AM
Here come the new images with all the changes you asked me to do :) the nose and the front wing were already changed yesterday night. I started the work from the drawing, but now that the shape is on its way, I'm looking carefully for what I have to change according to photos. Sadly there aren't so much photos of this car on the net... anyway i think now it looks much better. And, please, can someone tell me if Jordan used to have some kind of windscreen in the cockpit? Because from my photos sometimes it seems so, sometimes no ;)

Date: February 12, 2004 08:25AM
looks great oggo.

You should add barge boards imo

You're right the visor is not always there, but more often than not it is, so i think you should do it.

The bottom of the sidepod towards the back, it should bend out again,

Post Edited (02-12-04 15:32)

Date: February 12, 2004 08:51AM
Ok fongu. I reality I have already done the wind screen (just not selected it for making the shots ;)). I think I've got what you mena about the rear part of the sidepods and that's quite easy to do. Anyway, if you can post a shot it would be better.
About the barge boards, I haven't done them yet. Anyway, douring the season, the Jordan had thos fornt fins and no barge boards, as you can see in this photo:

[www.f1i.com] if you are registered to f1i.com

Date: February 12, 2004 08:55AM
sorry i edited my post, yeah they used it some of mid season, in canada, without barge boards and that front fin

Date: February 20, 2004 01:30AM
Posted by: Lord Kamder
it's time to show you a wip of this car with its textures...
as you can see isn't finished yet, but it's on the way ;)
more to come

[www.gp4italia.org]
Date: February 20, 2004 01:34AM
Posted by: b-tone
very nice, luca! :)

(maybe thicker white lines ?)

____
Tony

Date: February 20, 2004 01:38AM
Posted by: Lord Kamder
yeah, maybe...i'll try to make them bigger :)

[www.gp4italia.org]
Date: February 20, 2004 02:28AM
Posted by: JonVic
looking great to me make thicker white lines and this will be a superb car.....well done..:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy