Problem with combination of Performance/Physics/Torque

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Hi all,
I've run into a bit of a problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

This archive contains the following files:
* 1200.txt (Performance file)
* 1200-18000.g3p (Physics file)
* 1200-18000.ini (Torque file)

When using this combination of files - loaded through GPxPatch (GPxSet tab) - I experience a very strange issue that does not affect the AI cars.

At high speed and high RPM, it is almost as though I have no power.

The car will accelerate normally until it reaches 4th, and then it will suddenly rev really high and my speed will stop increasing (at around 350 km/h), almost as if I have gears that are too short.

I'll put up a video tomorrow showing exactly what I mean, but here is a way you can reproduce it:

1) Get drt01's Talladega Tri-Oval
2) Front and Rear Wing to '1'
3) Gear ratios at 30,40,50,60,70,80

As I said earlier, the AI aren't affected by this and work as normal, reaching 440-450 km/h+ with the same setup.

The problem also occurs with two other sets of files - one is the same as this, but 15000 RPM instead of 18000 and the other is 1000 BHP at 15000 RPM - but this one is where it is easiest to reproduce.

If anyone has any ideas about this, it'd be much appreciated.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 01:47PM by AUS_Doug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy