wet weather driving

Posted by ralv585 
wet weather driving
Date: February 02, 2004 08:46AM
Posted by: ralv585
when you prepare for a race, and the screen says that its raining, you load your wet setup and race, then low and behold your on slicks, what?
Is there anyway to fix that problem, i click on soft wes 10 times then press okay, but still im on slicks, and do any of you know how to predict the which tyres to use, the weather screen helps burt 8 times out of 10, i'm on the wrong tyre. help me.
Re: wet weather driving
Date: February 02, 2004 01:31PM
Posted by: Muks_C
its does my head in when it shows that its wet and so you start on wets, but the rain doesn't come for 10 laps so you have to pit on the 1st lap. Or you think its only light rain so you start on slicks but its a torrential downpour.

I have experienced your problem too, but don't know how to stop it.
Date: February 02, 2004 01:44PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I never have this problem. The tyres do what I tell tehm!! Are u sure you haven't accidently got slicks in your wet set-up.

As for the weather prediction, it's usually quite accurate I find. But if you're just doing a normal race (not a championship), adjust the qucikrace length to what you want, and then set the weather code to 'record' in GpxPatch. Then, if the weather is wrong, you can go off GP4 and set the code to 'use', and you'll get the same weather all the time, so you can get the tyres etc right.

Date: February 02, 2004 05:38PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Its a minor bug in gp4.

Do following before race.

Goto setup and reload your wet setup. Then change tires in "last action" screen. Change from any tyre that is shown to another and than back to your favourite. Problem should be solved now.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 04, 2004 02:30AM
Posted by: Caelen
yep i used to have probs with getting slicks when i wanted wets, so now i just swap to drys then reselect wets on the last minute screen and everthing ok. as for the weather it actually fairly accurate when you know how to read it. someone posted a very good explanation on this forum. the test tube looking thing show how much water is cyurrently on the track ie if its full then track is fully wet, half full then half track is wet etc. the weather picture shows the current weather and the bar charts are predictions for whats going to happen
Date: February 04, 2004 08:34AM
Posted by: Muks_C
do a search for "weather again" and you will find the thread.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy