Different physics for each car

Posted by Borjaserrano 
Different physics for each car
Date: January 27, 2004 04:10AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

Is it possible to make a different physics for each team.. or each car?. In F1 every car have a different grip, dependant of the chassis or other factors. Also, Bridgestone and Michelin tyres have a different physics. It would be possible to make a physics tweaker for each team.. or car in Gp4?

Re: Different physics for each car
Date: January 27, 2004 05:19AM
Posted by: Johnious
I don't think that it has been implemented yet as in the GPxPatch there is an option to use a setup file (text) that enables you to set different levels of performance according to the the setting you give it -for each team and driver in qualify and race conditions. This is enabled with the "set car power team dependent" on the GPxPATCH (and of course select the file from the program).
For more info I would suggest going through the GPxPatch documentation. You could also download the performance pack from Acciari-Schroeder, which is really awesome :) that contains files like that and is well-documented (follow the instructions carefully). You can find it on this site.
My lap times have significantly imrpoved (from 1:48.xx in Spa I can do now 1:45:xxx which gives me P2) and no brake lockups with keyboard!!! Serious playtime hehe!!!

-=Johnious=-
..You can't easily win a race from the first corner... You can sure as hell lose one though...
Date: January 27, 2004 05:35AM
GpxPatch only allows to modify a few things of every team, like team power... failury probablity etc.. The physics that I refer is like Aubrey Windle´s Gp4 Physics Editor can modify, but Gp4 Physics Editor only allows to modify the physics of all cars, and human... but not each team.

Post Edited (01-27-04 12:41)

Date: January 27, 2004 09:56AM
Posted by: belini
there's are grip patch included in belini gp4 career, it removes the player
default grip (16384) enabling the player to drive with the grip levels
from the performance text files.

pk

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk
Date: January 27, 2004 10:56AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
I wanted to download th gp4 career , but I can´t

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: January 27, 2004 11:08AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Theres an option to do that in gp4 tweaker, u can change the driving style (physics) for each driver.

Date: January 27, 2004 11:10AM
@Belini
I tried to download it too, but isn´t possible

This tool allow make a different grip for every team?

@97kirkc

But this option is related to the driving style.. but not with car physics, isn´t it?.

Post Edited (01-27-04 18:18)

Date: January 27, 2004 04:33PM
Posted by: belini
sorry the link was bad, it's under gp4 editors/utils @ www.grandprixgames.org.

the patch doesn't alter the physics, all it does is use the performance file
values for the player grip rather than the default grip that you're always
stuck with, makes overtaking harder too.

pk
Date: January 28, 2004 05:56PM

Ok, I install it yet... which function have the bhp/grip patch... driver view patch.. pitstop patch and gear patch?, should I make a backup of my gp4.exe after patch it?

Date: January 28, 2004 10:51PM
Posted by: b-tone
it removes the player
default grip (16384) enabling the player to drive with the grip levels
from the performance text files.

isn't this what gpxpatch does??

____
Tony

Date: January 29, 2004 03:40AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
nope , what gpxpatch patch is making your Horsepower team dependant ... if your team has 800 HP your car will have 800HP.
the default value is 855 HP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy