Animation Building Action [Released Post #1]

Posted by ramf1v 
Animation Building Action [Released Post #1]
Date: January 07, 2013 06:09AM
Posted by: ramf1v
I'll be including this in the pitstand package, but here's the PS action I use to automate building tga sequences. It should be usefull for you guys and maybe encourage people to build more animations :-)
It takes the tedious repetition out of the workflow :-)

Here's the steps from the readme...

1.Create a folder on your C: drive called "flags".
2.Place the 10 frames you want to import into the folder and rename them to flag001.tga to flag010.tga. (I use Better File Renamer for this)
3.You need to match the selection in PS to the size of the image you are importing, eg: if your image is 256 x 512 your selection needs to be the same.

The template is 2048 x 2048 so set up the grid in photoshop to every 256 pixels with 2 subdivisions to make selection easy. (You can also set the selection to a fixed size).

Before you run the action you need to record the selection, so delete the "Set Selection" step and re-record it each time you want too import.

If the template is empty, run "Open san_agip Sequence 1", if it already contains animations then run "Open san_agip Sequence's 2 to 10".
It's buggy for some reason, I haven't worked out why, but running the second action fixes it.
Frames are imported with alpha layers and placed into the template.

Sit back and watch it do all the hard work for you :)

"Export san_agip Sequence" exports the 10 compiled frames into the "flags" folder with alpha layers and names them correctly, atx_san_agipflag001 thru to atx_san_agipflag010, all you need to do is drop them into your track folder and convert.

The export procedure can be used to pull pieces out of frame sequences by simply cropping the image to your selection and exporting the frames, and of course can be used for the 6 frame atx sequences too.

ATX Sequence Editor

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 04:30PM by ramf1v.
Re: Animation Building Action
Date: January 08, 2013 12:48AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Very nice. This flag animation uses the AGIP flag from original San Marino track? Great idea. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: January 08, 2013 12:59AM
kerleyf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice. This flag animation uses the AGIP flag
> from original San Marino track? Great idea. :-)

Yes it seems to work in all tracks without problems as far as I know. I used the same sequence for my flag animation packs, you can use this action to break up resize and repositon those too.
It's easy to see how the action works, so modifying it is pretty straight forward. I isolate each process in it's own sub-action.

F1Dev
Date: January 08, 2013 01:27AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Very nice ram, thanks for make GP4 great again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: January 08, 2013 03:29PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Very good work (Y)!
Re: Animation Building Action [Released Post #1]
Date: January 08, 2013 04:31PM
Thanks guys , glad it's useful, I've put a link to the action in the first post.

F1Dev
Date: January 08, 2013 05:37PM
Posted by: tumyeto
excellent !!
Date: January 08, 2013 06:16PM
Don't forget, you can re-record the actions to suit your workflow, just double click on them and select your desired folder and filename.

F1Dev
Date: October 16, 2015 11:36PM
Posted by: quickslick
could you please be so kind to reupload the ATX Sequence Editor and the package? the link is dead
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy