Mclaren MP4/6 (Screens)

Posted by tis 
Mclaren MP4/6 (Screens)
Date: January 23, 2004 09:06PM
Posted by: tis
About 6 months ago I started making this car from the 1991 season some of you may remember. My computer took a bit of a hammering and unfortunatley didn't survive. I finally got a 'new' PC and GP4 so I'm starting again. I was hoping that someone could help me with getting some pictures of this car. I have a few of the front and side but I have not been able to find anything of the rear. I would appreciate anything I could get so I can get the shape correct. Hope to have some images soon. Thanks

Post Edited (01-25-04 03:23)

Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Re: Mclaren MP4/6
Date: January 23, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: Ellis
hmmm....im doing my best

I know this is a model, but it might help

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 23, 2004 11:05PM
model of MP4 7

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 23, 2004 11:07PM

Date: January 24, 2004 02:14AM
Posted by: fongu
pics galore here [www.f1experts.tomsk.ru]
Should find a Mclaren in most races in 91 here :)

Date: January 24, 2004 02:16PM
Fabulous stuff. Thanks for the images and links. I was up all night getting the most of the model done. I read somewhere that its better to start fresh when making a car as its easier. I have made each shape part from scratch and it is surprisingly 'quick' to get it done. Just the rear end to do since last night, when I finish I'll post a few screenies.

Re: Mclaren MP4/6 (Screens)
Date: January 24, 2004 08:33PM
6 months and 2 hard disks later on my third attempt I think I have finally finished this car. I haven't any in-game screens but in time.... my textures aren't the best yet. How does one edit and save the alpha channel? The textures wont show up ingame when I have an alpha channel added top my textures. I've seen a thread about it but it was for Photoshop. I have PSP 8 not Photoshop (none of that fancy expensive stuff). Seriously how do so many people have such an expensive piece of software - or should I not be asking questions like that?

Anyways, comments and such on the above will be appreciated but thay have to be positive, my ego needs, no demands it :D

Date: January 25, 2004 12:35AM
almost perfect! Why almost? Wheel positions :P

IMO, get the wheels out wider then edit the wheel positions in the appropriate editor and it will look stunning

Date: January 25, 2004 01:45AM
looks fab. Have a look at the FAQ over at gpxcar painting site.

I prefer psp7 for alphas, but anyways i'll try and explain. Go to selection>load/save>load from alpha channel and then load. Then what i prefer to do is to save it to disk and load it up as a separate file, but you may prefer to edit with layers. When done, save to alpha channel, remembering to delete the old one. Hope that helps :) Car looks top class!

Date: January 25, 2004 06:36AM
This car has the proper track for its dimensions, Its a lot wider than the new cars. I'm making some new wheels at the moment for it. The rear tires were a lot wider back in the day so I must do that. I'm going to finish the textures, try to do the alpha channels and then I'll get some in game stuff.

Post Edited (01-25-04 13:51)

Post Edited (01-25-04 13:51)

Date: January 25, 2004 06:51AM
Posted by: Spike02
that's a damn good piece of carshaping there :O

Date: January 25, 2004 10:56AM
Posted by: JonVic
wonder if we will ever see a 1991 mod i love that seasons cars.........maybe one day hopefully with cars of this quality hopefully cause this looks fabulous, and i agree with ellis just wider track for the wheels and it is perfect....great job:)
Date: January 25, 2004 11:33AM
Posted by: NS
on gp4.gamer.nl there are allready plans for a 1991 mod for over a year but it's only going slowly..

your car is superb!
Date: January 25, 2004 12:49PM
Posted by: _Erix_
That's a great McLaren! Looks like you used Nemo's '94 Williams as a base.

My 91 car is in the fridge at the moment. I had just started building the rear wing when Williams launched their FW26...

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 25, 2004 06:30PM
Finally some in-game shots. It might not look like it in the Zmodeler shot but the track is actually a lot wider than the default. Looks about right in-game to me. Anyways I got the alpha channel thingy figured and the car looks a hell of a lot better than before. The ploy count was up to over 7000 but I got it down to a more reasonable 5000. It needs to get some oil coolers at the rear and there is a still a bit of normals tuning to be done here and there but I should release it soon if anyone wants it.

Does anyone want to make a set of wheels for it? The front needs to be narrowed just a little and the rear needs to be wider. I was going to attempt it but the default game shapes confused me and I gave up.

@Erik
This car was built completely from scratch, although I did get the idea for the driver from someone elses car. With the low side of the cockpit you could see under the helmet and it looked crap so...... That Dallara looks promising. Are you going to finish it? I had a Jordan 191 done as well so I'm going to make that again now. This could finally be the beginning of a 1991 season set. I could send you on my suspension because as far as I'm aware GP4 can only handle one set of external tyre co-ordinates for all cars, this way we could make cars that will look good in the same wad.

Date: January 25, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: renyf1
to give anyone but Senna the first drive is a sin!

great work btw

i have the 1/18 diecast sitting above my monitor and pretty damn good

-the engine cover on my model has a very flat downward path...ur carshape seems to have a slight curve

this could be due to changes from the reference pics ur looking @ and the one the diecast model used

also i noticed that often times, the side mirrors are either red or white and most times the tag huer symbol didn't appear on the nose
Date: January 26, 2004 01:44AM
looks great, just need to tweak the bits here and there and you've got an amazing car :)

Date: January 26, 2004 03:52AM
Posted by: FaRao
If you like you can join the 1991 MOD @ gp4.gamer.nl we need some more shapers, and maby you can make the Jordan for us the mclaren is already being made by erwin but maby he said put your ones in :)

For the MOD i do the Tyrrell you can see some pics on the 1991 MOD topic @ gp4.gamer.nl

[forum.gamer.nl]

you can put your pics there if you like :) greats!!

edit: oh yeah we use the supspension off nemo you can get it also form the last page of the 1991 MOD treath hope its no problem if you going to help us ;)

Post Edited (01-26-04 14:14)

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

If only i could become the survant off all...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy