'96 Season

Posted by Swooping Falcon 
'96 Season
Date: January 23, 2004 08:42AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
is there a '96 season carset anywhere or is one being planned?

i'm thinking about starting to do some cars, so can i ask what programs you guys can recommend for doing carshapes and textures?

thanks

Re: '96 Season
Date: January 23, 2004 11:58AM
Posted by: JonVic
How about an older season maybe 1990, people seem to want older ones, or so it seems from reading some of the posts here. I would love to see 1990 or maybe 1991 that would be brilliant.
Date: January 23, 2004 12:15PM
Posted by: b-tone
theres no 96 set as far as i know.

to make cars i'd recomend zmodeler (3dmax is ok but more complicated and more expensive).
for textures use photoshop (or psp7).
theres tutorials around for most things, but look at other works to get some idea.

96 would be good but i'd like earlier.
we've got 67, 95, 99, 01-03 and 86, 88, 94 are coming soon and i've heard rumours of 91 & 93.

nothing from 50's or 70's yet - is anyone interested in sets that old?
maybe we can turn this into a 'what year do you want?' thread ;)

____
Tony

Date: January 23, 2004 12:33PM
Posted by: fongu
Yeah theres a 94 mod on its way :) and a 91 one from the guys over at gp4.gamer.nl i think, well theres a thread and some cars, thats as far as my dutch goes ;) 96 would be good, but maybe helping finish some of the mods may be a good idea, working with people, they can help you can learn and come do your own one later with more experience :)

Date: January 23, 2004 12:52PM
I think a 1970's set would be good cause there is not one from that era. What about 1975 with Hunt and Lauda and those huge airboxes, or 1976 either of those 2 years would be great.
Date: January 23, 2004 03:06PM
Posted by: Pirate
Is there a 91 mod somewhere? Or is it on the way? Yes I would like to see a 70's set yes 75 is a good one how about 83! Renault's, Ligier's, JPS's!! Candy Tyrrell's etc etc, so much more interesting than todays F1

We scoff at the graphics of GP3 now but we had all those carsets then!
Date: January 23, 2004 03:11PM
Posted by: Pirate
Is there a 99 mod somewhere? Or is it on the way? Yes I would like to see a 70's set yes 75 is a good one how about 83! Renault's, Ligier's, JPS's!! Candy Tyrrell's etc etc, so much more interesting than todays F1

We scoff at the graphics of GP3 now but we had all those carsets then!
Date: January 23, 2004 03:16PM
Posted by: NS
the painting for a 50's mod are easy, the cars were only one color :P
Date: January 24, 2004 05:09AM
1983 okay would be good but there is a mod from 1986 coming so that era is covered in a way. My personal thought is that we should cover all the eras that are defined by vastly different cars and then make mods that are nearer date wise to each other. 1975 would be an era like nothing else we have or are going to have at the moment in gp4. Anyway just my idea. It is good people are thinking of older mods cause the making of 2003 cars seems to be a bit ridiculous, there are so many and there are so many people wanting different cars from different eras.
Date: January 24, 2004 06:09AM
i actually think the majority of people here would rather have many 2003 cars than older sets.
the users here are generally quite young and maybe therefore have no need for older sets.
but making older cars is easier for those reasons. people can't be all that picky about a shape when theres only a handful of pics of it on the net, so its a bit easier to get away with imperfectualities :)

theres a 75 ferrari begun and a 76 mclaren and a 72 tyrrell, so maybe there'll be a 70's mix coming one day.

making 11 realistic carshapes is a big job and there arent many shapers around and i know some dont like generic cars but they are better than nothing and no worse than gp3, so maybe my next project will be somewhere around 70s-early 80s and start with some generic carshapes - atleast it gives something to build on.

but if you 'need' old sets then i recomend trying out zmodeler. its quite easy and not as scary as it first looks.

some 2003 cars have 9000 polys which a) is very hard on many pcs, b) makes beautiful models to look at, but the 1967 cars i used were mostly under 2500 and while they arent of the standards set in 2003 cars they are fine to play a racing game with. and there is 11+ different shapes, and hi res textures (soon if not now) so it has a edge on gp3. not as good as gpl probably but thats another story.
and duffer and mckey are making pretty low poly 94 cars that look fine. they wont have the details of 03 cars and may not be 100% representations but they are good for playing a racing game with.

in the 1988 mod i started with 1 car, then grew to 5 (all ea conversions) but since them 3 or 4 others have been 'inspired' to make 1988 cars, which is great (not including the generic one i made).

so if someone picks up zmodeler and makes a 500 poly crappy 19xx ferrari then it may inspire more people to join in, and may even get one of the experts to produce a 10,000 poly beauty? who knows.

____
Tony

Date: January 24, 2004 06:20AM
where do you get zmodeler cause i may have a try at a 1970's car, time permitting
Date: January 24, 2004 06:50AM
i've finally had a hack at zmodeler after my exams and i can do little things which is a big achievement for me. I wont probably make too many cars tho wont really have time, but i wouldnt mind working with someone. Viva la old carsets :)

Date: January 24, 2004 06:50AM
[zmodeler.nfscheats.com]
there should be tutorials there too. also look on gp4italia - i think they might have some too, and maybe gpgames.de

you'll need the gp4 plugin too which should be on this site or any gp4 site

____
Tony

Date: January 24, 2004 09:13AM
I cant seem to map properly :/ and i dont even want to think about normals yet! All i know is ive really messed them up! ;)

Date: January 24, 2004 02:15PM
i have looked at the site and there are many to choose from but i have downloaded zmodelerv1.07 is this correct?
Date: January 24, 2004 02:23PM
i've got 1.07a released 31.12.2002.
i think v2 is out or coming but mine is ok. it crashes abit. especially when messing in the matrial editor. so save before you go there.
the whole pc freezes too sometimes, but that might be a grfx driver issue.

____
Tony

Date: January 24, 2004 06:45PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i hear people saying 70s, well i dont think i have the time or patience to put my models into Gp4, but i hope to one day as its by far the better sim, but if say b-tone who we know is great at that stuff, would do, i would love my cars to go over to gp4 quickly

[www.members.lycos.co.uk]

[www.members.lycos.co.uk]

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: January 25, 2004 10:58AM
i have got the gp4 plug-in for it but in the readme it doesnt say what to do with the file in the plug-in zip file where do you put it in the zmodeler directory?
Date: January 25, 2004 11:03AM
Posted by: Richey
It goes in the filters directory I believe.
Date: January 25, 2004 11:32AM
Posted by: NS
hmm i tried some things with zmodeler but i get confused with all those lines :P (even when i only select one object)

but i'd love to see those cars with the 'tables' as rear wings
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy