WIP 94 hires season helmets

Posted by fongu 
WIP 94 hires season helmets
Date: January 20, 2004 03:04PM
Posted by: fongu
heres a shot to show you where im up to.

Pics are so hard to find that show the sponsors, so if anyone can post or mail me some pics then that would be great :)

Re: WIP 94 hires season helmets
Date: January 20, 2004 03:12PM
Posted by: Duffer
Looking Good !!

What helmet do you want ?

--------------------------------------------

Date: January 20, 2004 03:16PM
Olivier Beretta and any that isnt there :)

oh and Verstappen helmet it based on raimond smits.

Date: January 20, 2004 04:44PM
Posted by: gap177
[f1rejects.crosswinds.net]

They have a few pics that may help you out.

Glenn
Date: January 20, 2004 09:04PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Looking really nice Fongu

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: January 21, 2004 02:35AM
Posted by: Raikkonen_WC
You did not asked me anything if you could use the helmet of Verstappen. So I ask you to paint it again. When you had asked me premission, I maybe said yes, but now I say no.

Greetz
Raymond Smits

E-mail: f1games@gamebox.net
ICQ number: 37916842
Hotmail: hakkinen0019@hotmail.com
Date: January 21, 2004 02:42AM
Posted by: Leslie
Date: January 21, 2004 03:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
good work fongu :)

are they for the default shape?
maybe i have some 1988 ones you could use?

____
Tony

Date: January 21, 2004 03:51AM
Sorry Raymond, I have redone the Verstappen helmet, completely new, and better proportioned for the shape and from my pics. The shape is by Nemo i think. But that would be very helpful B-tone if you could do that :)
Surprised nobody's not noticed the Beretta helmets upside-down, obviously not a driver people remember ;)

Date: January 21, 2004 04:34AM
Posted by: mckey415
why? i remember him! :-)) he was only second montegasque to race in F1, his best finish was 2nd in Monaco (homerace), but after half season he was dropped in favour of more rich (and surely less talented) guys (like Jean Deniz Deletraz and Hideki Noda - i remember them too!!! :-))). then he switched to GT's and won champion titile in '99 if i'm not mistaken. in 2001 he done a single testing session for williams f1.

go to [f1ad.narod.ru] and you'll find a lot of intersting things!!! :-)

Post Edited (01-21-04 11:39)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 21, 2004 05:11AM
Posted by: Duffer
The shape of Nemo looking amazing, but there is a little problem with :( there are 2106 polygons on it or on the original shape there are only 282 polygons.

I think there is too many polygon on Nemo's Helmet :/

--------------------------------------------

Date: January 21, 2004 05:17AM
hehe thats cool Mckey, cant wait to start on the Mimo Schiatterella helmet, loved that name :)

Yeah Duffer, if you (or Mckey) want to make a new helmet shape based on that that would be great, the mapping is very badly stretched and im not a big fan of painting on it :)

Date: January 21, 2004 05:27AM
actually Raymond Smiths (Raikkonen_WC as i understand) is making 2003 helmet set on the new helmet shape and there all these troubles with mapping are solved. i remember that he said that he's gonna release template for it. i didn't hear it to be released, so you can ask him about this...

so you may use it to paint your helmets

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 21, 2004 08:17AM
Posted by: Raikkonen_WC
The 2003 set is already released. I also mailt Fongu that, when he needs help, he just has to ask. No problem at all.

And I never said their would be a templete. Simply, because it's not nessecery. The front helmet is just a plain 512x128 texture. The second file also has this size, wit a top texture of 128x128. You can use the visor any driver. That I don't care. It's very easy. We made this helmetshape to make painting easier. This shape REALDY doens't need a templete. Just sit, look, and try!

Greetz
Raymond Smits

E-mail: f1games@gamebox.net
ICQ number: 37916842
Hotmail: hakkinen0019@hotmail.com
Date: January 21, 2004 08:24AM
So shall i convert the helmets to eriks shape (?) then? Duffer said he prefered nemos in the other thread, but i'd prefer to do them on eriks or a new shape. Its up to you guys, let me know what you think.

Date: January 21, 2004 09:28AM
actually duffer said that there's more then 2000 polys in nemo's shape... my Ligier with driver body and hexagonal suspension rods has 2700!!! that's too much for helmet... so i think there's no choice - we have to make helmets on smits shape...

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 21, 2004 01:18PM
I'd use Erik and Raymonds helmet if you have permission. It will be in the 88 mod and its very easy to paint. Theres nothing that a template could bring except some of Raymonds great wee shadings, but I think he should keep those tricks to himself ;-)

Away from helmets but still on 1994, the pitcrews are 99% done. I'll send it to mckey now and then upload it here later tonite or in the morning.
Heres some pics (my grfx driver is cwappy so i can't get any in game shots :( )

They're based (loosely or otherwise) on my 1995 set, some pics, the drivers suits and imagination :)

____
Tony

Date: January 21, 2004 01:25PM
looks great b-tone :) What order are they in 2001 or 1994?

Date: January 21, 2004 01:29PM
hmm, they're in 1994 order (of course ;-) ) which is something like this:
1. Williams
2. Tyrrell
3. Benetton
4. McLaren
5. Footwork
6. Lotus
7. Jordan
8. Larrousse
9. Minardi
10. Ligier
11. Ferrari
12. Sauber
13. Simtek
14. Pacific

but i think mckey plans a sauber so i've done 12 teams for now.

____
Tony

Date: January 21, 2004 01:44PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
If possible, could you give us the choice of having Senna, Coulthard or Mansell helmets as Hill's teamate? You could put all three into the zip or rar file. Thx. ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy