I want to say goodbye...

Posted by MajorTom 
I want to say goodbye...
Date: January 20, 2004 07:10AM
Posted by: MajorTom
Major Tom to ground controll:

"Hello to all friends in the GPxscene, I sadly want to say goodbye to everybody. but after six years of spending my time to this games for free I feel like doing something different also with the intention to earn a little bit. So I´ve decided to go back into the music scene and dive around there for a while. Some musicians want me old man to play again my harp. We have found a very good production which gives us time to develope our sound and we are surrounded with very good musicians. So you might hear from Major Tom again in one or two years time from now.
Still I have a lot of unpublished material (40-60 items) for GP3, GP3 2000 and GP4. Sadly I never wrote those horrible "Readme" files so this will mostlikely never be published. But I have found a friend who is doing at least one good thing. He is going to finish a track of mine, which actually should be a special one. "Holy Field Hopsten" is a fictional track, located in the area where I live. It´s a sort of country road track with a very narrow bridge and a wide and narrow trackdesign. It gives speeds touching 400 km/h in GP3 and crossing over 400 km/h in GP3 2000. And in a way it could be the longest track ever. But I am not really sure for that. The country side is almost what we have around here in the "Münsterland" in north-west-germany. It´s packed with a lot of new jams, which of course can be used by anyone. Sadly I cannot finish this track and fullfill all the ideas and possibilities I see in TE. But our friend Roberto is doing the rest so I think that all of you can test the track in short of time.
So let me say a last goodbye and thanks for the years we had together in the community."

Special thanks are going to STEPHAN and BRUNO for making and maintaining this really great site which gives us all the possibilities we need in GPxseries. Keep it up, guys!!!

And special thanks are also going to the great community and to all the people who were downloading and may be liking my files with more than 1.500 000 downloads just on this superb GPxsite.

Yours

Major Tom
Re: I want to say goodbye...
Date: January 20, 2004 07:45AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hi Tom, just want to say thanks for everything you've done for gp3 and gp3 2000, such a huge effort - and all the updates made the game so much better. Good luck on the music scene mate - do pop in from time to time for a visit :)

Cheers,

Chris

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 20, 2004 08:06AM
Posted by: DEF
Good luck!!!

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: January 20, 2004 08:15AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Good bye Tom! Maybe you don't remember me, but I remeber you. You made the magic data for a track of mine once. I thank you for this and for all the great things you made for the GPx Series! We'll miss you!
Good bye again and good luck! :)

Date: January 20, 2004 08:37AM
Posted by: NS
good luck!

and **** the readmefiles ;) :P
Date: January 20, 2004 10:12AM
Posted by: fongu
good luck, thanks and bye

Date: January 20, 2004 11:30AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yeap, i read this on sdi`s board. Good luck again with your new project.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 20, 2004 11:36AM
Posted by: Pirate
Tom, you do not know mew but I know you since GP3 and all the great stuff you have made for this game over the years, so many hours of enjoyment, and all for free. Good luck with what ever you end up doing.
Date: January 20, 2004 11:38AM
Posted by: Pirate
Tom, you do not know me, but I know you since GP3 and all the great stuff you have made for this game over the years, we had so many hours of enjoyment, and all for free. Good luck with what ever you end up doing.
Date: January 20, 2004 01:47PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thanks for all your help with gp4 and especially gp3! The community owes you alot!

Thanks again, and good luck! :)

Date: January 21, 2004 01:26PM
Posted by: Ricardo Lampert
Hello Tom !

The GPx Community will not be the same without you.
Thanks for everything you've done for GP3 and GP3-2000 add-on.
Take care and all the best for you !

RICARDO LAMPERT

RICARDO LAMPERT
Visit my blog at [ricardolampert.wordpress.com]
Date: January 25, 2004 06:24AM
Posted by: MajorTom
Hi everybody,

just want to thank for all the nice words and wishes,
wishing the best for you and yours,
Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy