(wip) R5 textures on R4 shape

Posted by dreams come trulli 
(wip) R5 textures on R4 shape
Date: January 19, 2004 01:37PM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
These are my R5 textures on the R4 shape from Bojan, still wip, what do you think?

Re: (wip) R5 textures on R4 shape
Date: January 19, 2004 01:55PM
Posted by: watercolours
looks good. but why?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 19, 2004 01:56PM
Posted by: bigears
Why not? ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 19, 2004 03:51PM
Posted by: fongu
Looks cool, will be interesting how that green will come out in game

Date: January 19, 2004 04:00PM
Posted by: Briere
I see 3 elements on the rear wing ;)

Date: January 19, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: erwin_78
i see a guy's post who only can see the pictures and can't read :p

nice one dude! , maybe that red line needs a bit more flat and a curve downward

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: January 19, 2004 04:28PM
Posted by: Briere
I know it's made on the "old" shape ;)

Date: January 19, 2004 06:08PM
Posted by: ViperF1
Looks good
But don't use old PIONEER logo

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: January 20, 2004 01:29PM
where can I find the new logo?

I'm working on the FW21 as well (on the r4 shape)
what do you think? (still wip)

Date: January 20, 2004 01:42PM
why, because though it's a good work the carshape isn't 2004 version. if it was r5 shape it would be great. and probably some carshaper will work with a texturer for r5. and so your nice effort will be useless. it looks nice. i just don't want to see nice efforts be useless.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 21, 2004 07:46AM
I know but I can't map and create shapes so I have to paint the new tex. on the old shapes, sorry can't help it

Date: January 21, 2004 01:07PM
i am just saying that your efforts are great and it looks beautiful. i just feel sorry when those good works doesn't get the attention that they deserve. and i'm afraid it will be true for this also.

Date: January 21, 2004 02:02PM
Posted by: Teraur
Hello!

These textures are wonderful!

I prefer start the new season with the 2003 shapes with 2004 textures than wait for the release or brand new cars later in the season. So, please continue your fantastic work!

Bye
Aurélien
Date: January 21, 2004 02:09PM
thanks guys, you like the williams as well?

Date: January 21, 2004 02:24PM
if community behaves as teraur i will be glad for your work. it's really nice. i don't have any word against its quality.

Date: January 21, 2004 05:57PM
Posted by: Xero
Nice work! Have to agree with watercolours on his opinions though, but i'm sure your aware of this trulli. To be fair, he hasn't been doing this for very long, and is producing some pretty nice textures. Unfortunately, it's not likely alot of people are going to use them, but it is a great way to learn, and hopefully you get the opportunity to work on something everyone will use. Please don't take this the wrong way! Keep on going, great job!

Date: January 21, 2004 11:11PM
Posted by: b-tone
i love that williams livery - nice job.

why dont you ask eronix if you can do his tf104?

____
Tony

Date: January 22, 2004 12:50AM
Posted by: fongu
Yeah they both look good. If there is no shape for Jag when Melbourne comes then i will gladly use this car :)

Date: January 23, 2004 01:53PM
thanks guys!

Date: January 24, 2004 02:13AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Williams textures are great too, but the car itself was ugly back then, and it still is :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy