Will a Loose Wheel fall off eventually?

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Will a Loose Wheel fall off eventually?
Date: May 29, 2015 04:16AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Hi all,

So, I've had a Loose Wheel for about five laps of Interlagos and was wondering if I can expect it to fall off?

I'm still holding onto 1st at the moment - it's really only affecting me on the start/finish straight (acceleration is the issue) - and have got about 25-30 laps until my first and only scheduled stop.

Is there a rule of thumb for when a Loose Wheel is supposed to fall off?

Cheers,
Doug.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Will a Loose Wheel fall off eventually?
Date: May 29, 2015 11:23AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It doesn't fall off.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 29, 2015 12:06PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
why do AI always retire when they have a loose wheel then?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: May 29, 2015 12:16PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Because GP4 is still an unrealistic game in some issues. hot(N) Great SDI is already working since more than 10 years to make GP4 as realistic as possible. I'm quite sure he can program that the wheel will fall off after some time or on the other hand that the AI won't retire because of a loose wheel anymore. :)(Y)
Date: May 29, 2015 12:56PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I don't think so tbh.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 29, 2015 01:44PM
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesn't fall off.

Thanks for that.

I'm off to drive the 30 greatest defensive laps in history!

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: May 29, 2015 04:14PM
Posted by: vesuvius
AUS_Doug Wrote:
> Turbo Lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It doesn't fall off.
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> I'm off to drive the 30 greatest defensive laps in
> history!

Good luck! How much is your lead and will others have to stop as well?
Date: May 29, 2015 07:40PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Well actually it's not so unrealistic guys,nowadays if you get a loose wheel,you have to pull over and so retire otherwise you get a penalty

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: May 29, 2015 10:30PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
I love GP4 for the fact that you even don't get any penalty when you are driving on with two wheels and 50 kph in Old Hockenheim! ;)(Y)
Date: May 30, 2015 03:21AM
vesuvius Wrote:
> Good luck! How much is your lead and will others
> have to stop as well?

Thanks!

I'm currently on lap 7, and I've got about half a second at the moment, at the end of the first sector.

I've got Maldonado behind me; He's on a two stop judging by the amount of fuel he's on, so he's a bit quicker than me at the moment, but I can do enough in the middle sector to build a gap to stop a first corner dive.

Most everyone else behind him seems to be doing a 1 stop like me.

If I pit now, I'm going to be forced into a 2 stop and I don't think I'm quick enough on the Hard tyre to make that work.

If I can keep Pastor behind me until he stops (around lap 28), I'll probably come in then.

If he manages to pass me though, I'll just have to try and not let him get more than a pitstop ahead.

UPDATE: That was intense!

Between lap 7 and 28, there must have been at least 5 other drivers have a shot at passing me; Each time I slowed them up, they got passed by the guy behind.

I held off all those who are 2 stopping, and only Alonso has managed to pass me.

I've come out of the pits in 17th, with all four wheels attached and fuel enough to the end of the race, 26 seconds off of Alonso who should be stopping in about 5 laps time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 12:15PM by AUS_Doug.
Date: May 30, 2015 12:17PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Ah, well, Alonso's talent shines through again. :)

Nah, just joking, I root for you I hope you will win. :-)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: May 31, 2015 12:24PM
Update: Alonso came out of his stop about a second ahead and, together, we started coming through the field.

There were a few hairy moments, like when we both passed Webber and Perez - who were fighting each other - at turn 1, and when me and Alonso nearly collided at turn 4 when he ran deep and I tried for a gap that probably wasn't there.

Once everyone had made their final stops, the order was Alonso, Kobayashi (me), Senna and Maldonado, covered by about 2 seconds.

I was hammering personal best after personal best, but only just managing to stay with Fernando.

It was easily the most intense duel I've ever had at Interlagos, and it ranks in my top 3 ever.

And then Fernando ran wide - without my assistance - at turn 5, and he dropped back to about 12th before he was able to rejoin.

Senna is managing to pace me at the moment, but I don't think I'm going to get any real fight out of him unless I make a mistake.

Date: May 31, 2015 12:53PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
2012 season? Hearing Alonso battling at the front, and also Maldonado and Senna in there seems the most like 2012.

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: June 01, 2015 01:44AM
Oh yes, probably should have mentioned that!

Release 2 of the GP4 Central 2012 Mod.

Date: June 01, 2015 03:13AM
Posted by: TomMK
Sounds great!! Which version of Interlagos out of interest?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 01, 2015 05:48AM
Date: June 01, 2015 06:29AM
Posted by: brasspanels
I really love these kind of race narratives !
Date: June 01, 2015 12:59PM
Thanks to an unforeseen and entirely unavoidable error - I forgot to save - I had to start again from the point just before Alonso passed me before our respective stops.

Events played out much the same - he came out about a second ahead, we came through the field - but in a much more civilised fashion; There was no crazy pass of Webber and Perez at turn 1, and Alonso and I didn't clash at turn 4.

Still had to go all out to stay with him, and he still went off at turn 5, and so I got back to having Senna pace me:

My entire race strategy was based on the fact that, through practice and qualifying, I was consistently half a second quicker than anyone else, despite being on the hard tyre.

But, as we all know, that sometimes doesn't translate to race pace.

Senna was hounding me, lap after lap - my middle sector was enough to compensate for the last sector where he destroyed me - until the point that the McLaren of Button caught up to us and, in one quick pass, stole second.

And now I was scared.

I did not enjoy as much of an advantage through the middle sector against Button, and my failure to realise this was the beginning of the end.

At Interlagos, if a car is faster than me in sector 1, I usually let him through without too much of fight, thinking I'll get him in sector 2.

Not with Button.

Once he was past me, he flew.

And I panicked.

I threw the brake balance forward, and cranked down the differential settings, hoping for outright pace instead of tyre saving.

But that wasn't my undoing.

Pinnacle Game Profiler - the thing that let's me use my Xbox 360 Controller's triggers in GP4 - was.

Being able to operate both brake and throttle at the same time now, I've started overlapping at times where I need some extra pace.

This burns a lot of fuel which, as Martin Brundle pointed out once when discussing this topic, is OK in Sports Car racing.....not so in F1.

And I was not watching my fuel levels, so intent was I on following Button.

Final lap and, as Button and I caught a backmarker, I thought I was in with a shot.

It was not to be however, and I resigned myself to second place as we finished up the second sector.

Just before the pit entry....and there goes all my power.

I know that all I can do is hold it in as high a gear as I can get and hope for the best.

The best was third, as Hamilton came breezing past.

I plan on putting together a bit of a highlights video and, if people are interested, I can upload my saves for downloading as well; I've got one from just after the two-stop drivers pitted, and the save from just after I crossed the finish line.

EDIT: When I talk about turn 5, I mean turn 6 according to this picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2015 02:07PM by AUS_Doug.
Date: June 02, 2015 12:29AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Very nice write-up and it shows off your neat car and driving knowledge pretty well too. :-)

Good race and good realism from the AI.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy