GP4 Crashes to Desktop

Posted by keithd203 
GP4 Crashes to Desktop
Date: January 14, 2004 05:18PM
Posted by: keithd203
I looked thru the forum and saw similar threads, but they really didn't solve my problem. I figured I'd repost.

GP4 crashes to desktop just as I start racing. I have the nocd patch installed. My system info is:

Intel P4 2.60 GHz
80GB hard drive
1.2 GB DDR SDRAM
nVidia GeForce TI4200 w/AGP8X video card
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 sound card
ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard
Momo Force wheel

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Re: GP4 Crashes to Desktop
Date: January 14, 2004 05:51PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
Turn of the Hyperthreading.

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: January 16, 2004 03:48AM
Posted by: Colin
I bought GP4 2 years ago and literally after trying EVERY suggestion in Every forum including several e-mails to the game manufacturers it still crashed to desktop so I threw it in the bin and returned to good old GP3!
Yesterday I saw GP4 being sold in the budget range and bought the game again
GUESS WHAT?
It still crashes to Desk Top!!!
Ah well!
Back to GP3
Regards,Colin

Post Edited (01-16-04 10:49)
Date: January 16, 2004 06:26AM
Posted by: Genki
Had the same problem until I turned off hyperthreading,no more ctd for me:)
Date: January 16, 2004 07:21AM
Posted by: Ralf
I had also this problem. Everytime i installed a season update like from gp4 gamer or for gpx italia it crashed back to the desktop. I turnud of hyper threading and de problem is solved. But it is also slower now. Fraps shows a loss of 5 - 10 frames. That's al lot for me. I have a p4 2800 with 512MB and an ati9700pro. I get in race without hyper threading 30 - 33 frames, it looks rather slow then. Is there someone who gets a higher framerate? What should i change in the f1graphics.cfg?
Date: January 16, 2004 07:58AM
Posted by: patricio
Hi guys: same problem for me, how do you turn off hyper threading? where is that file?

thks
Patrick
Date: January 16, 2004 09:24AM
you have to turn it off in your bios
Date: January 16, 2004 04:12PM
Posted by: patricio
Sorry Ralf, how do you make this? is not dangerous?
Date: January 16, 2004 04:59PM
Posted by: Axeman
Iv'e allways cut down on mirror details and distances to improve frame rate in the f1graphics.cfg

Go Webber! Good to see an Aussie back in F1!
Date: January 17, 2004 06:29AM
if you have a motherboard with hyperthreading, you can disable it somewhere in your bios. Hyperthreading gives the pc more speed. Nothing can happen if you disable it. Your pc runs only a bit slower.
Date: January 18, 2004 07:47AM
Posted by: Fullers F1
You say you are using a nocd patch... Is this the 9.6 official patch version or original GP4 version? If the nocd is for the 9.6 official pached version, the GP4.exe calls some *****.tex and some collision mesh files from a directory that the official patch creates when it is installed. ie Program Files/Infrograms/Grand Prix 4/Cars.
If you have not installed the 9.6 patch you will not have these files and this directory, but if the nocd is compatible with 9.6 version the GP4.exe will look for them. When they are not found, result... crash to desktop.

This may not be your problem, but I thought it worth mentioning. I run my GP4 with hyperthreading enabled and no probs...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy