if you need betatesters for mp4/19 i could be one
Re: Mclaren 2004
Date: January 24, 2004 02:29PM
Posted by: dolinseks
he won`t, I will. :)
Date: January 24, 2004 02:38PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Your are all sure there`s a secret rear wing??? hmn, think there isnt. Parts of cars have to be tested untill they will be used in races. So we see, will see or saw the actual rear wing that mclaren will use in melbourne. Btw, the wing above is most used by mclaren and if you had a close look to renault - their wing is very close to mp4/ 19`s wing.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 24, 2004 02:38PM
Posted by: j_leinonen
no no no i'm the one .
well it is the car makers decision who that will be or maybe the car makers don't need anyone
Date: January 24, 2004 02:40PM
Posted by: fongu
what brake discs are they?

oh and nice mclaren :)

Date: January 24, 2004 02:43PM
Posted by: MaTT2799
@ bojan_tarticchio

Hrmm... good question ;). I would probably just race round and round and stare at the car :D. Not very helpful ;). Being serious, I can wait :). I am a week from beginning my 2nd full Grand Prix season as a McLaren driver. Last season I used the wonderful MP4/18 and this season I will start the season with the 18 and use the 19 when it is introduced... just like McLaren in real life :).

As for the rear wing - the 2 element one is from what I know the wing they will use. The 3 element one is last year's wing and is banned by the new rules, but they are allowed to use it in testing while they work on their 2 piece wing.

Post Edited (01-24-04 21:50)
Date: January 24, 2004 04:41PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Patience, my friend.

Here comes the latest update from these few days of work. I finished alpha channels, tricky ones btw, where silver is reflective, and the other parts are not:

Exhausts area, sidepods and lower part of the car is still unfinished, but that'll be completly done during next week. Don't start with nitpicking yet, I'll probably change silver color more toward greyscale:

And finally, ingame:

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: January 24, 2004 05:26PM
Posted by: Spike02
bloody good Bojan and thanks to all for the comments

i'll be pretty limited to what i do over February as prelim exams take priority but i'll still be able to do some stuff like making full damage model etc for maybe a late Feb release

Date: January 24, 2004 05:28PM
Posted by: fongu
hehe wai, exams! during my exams i made about 10 helmets and learnt how to use zmodeler ;) anyhoos good luck wiv em.

Date: January 24, 2004 05:32PM
Posted by: Spike02
i only have Higher English, Maths and Graphics to revise for, so I'll be more free to do stuff than I was last year. cheers Fongu ;)

Date: January 24, 2004 05:38PM
Posted by: MaTT2799
This is a fabulous car :). As a McLaren fan I am very thankful for you both in giving me a superb MP4/19 to drive around the outside of Monty and Schumi from late February onwards :).

Thanks guys :).
Date: January 26, 2004 04:35AM
any new updates !!!
Date: January 26, 2004 04:56AM
Yes, mapping is more or less finished so I sent the shape back to Wai to finish damage model and fix some minor things. After that, shape is done, but I'm not sure when will that be. In the mean time I'll finish textures completly this week. Then lower lods, and that's it.
Depending of how much is Wai buisy, release might be at mid february.
More screenshots will follow later

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: January 26, 2004 05:25AM
Posted by: watercolours
i can test it. i can search for bugs, reflection errors, etc. bojan, in real life pictures the black is somehow gives less reflection. it's not shiny. but it's not in in-game screenshot. is it due to gp4's graphic engine?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 26, 2004 05:39AM
i could also test it if you need any help for testing
Date: January 26, 2004 07:11AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Wow....great job guys, so good. Can't wait!

ps good luck wai for th exams :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 26, 2004 07:30AM
@ watercolours

There are no screenshots yet with proper alpha channels in this topic.
GP4 graphic engine won't be a limitation here, I got good results already.

Anyway, you can't really judge reflections on still images, only while car is moving. And no, I won't mail it around before it's done, nice try :-P

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: January 26, 2004 08:58AM
Posted by: watercolours
:)

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: January 26, 2004 03:16PM
Wai prepared damge model very quickly, which is god news. I'll finish my texture in next few days, so we might have completed lods 0 by friday.

Here, few ingame shots (yes, McLaren should be in michelins):

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: January 26, 2004 03:25PM
Posted by: b-tone
Wai prepared damge model very quickly, which is god news.

water to wine, healing the blind, parting the red sea...

...and now this??

looks awesome
think you could send me your pc - i could, ah test it for you ;-)

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy