Setup Qs

Posted by jaa 
Setup Qs
Date: October 25, 2014 01:38PM
Posted by: jaa
Thanks to everyone for getting my GP4 working on Windows 8.1.

Now setup.

I am trying to get 2 different joystick buttons working for gear-up and gear-down. I can vaguely remember there was something special you had to do. I want my fire-8 button as gear up and fire-7 as gear down. (Ie I want it independent of whether I am braking or accelerating.)

Also, I have lost all my car-setup stuff for each race. Does anyone know a 'start-from-here' setup guide? You know wings, gear ratio and brake balance etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Setup Qs
Date: November 05, 2014 07:08PM
Posted by: jaa
Bump.

I have worked out what I was doing wrong with the joystick set up. I have that working now.

So the only thing left is a base setup for each track. Does anyone know a good link?
Re: Setup Qs
Date: November 05, 2014 11:16PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Correct setups can vary quite a bit between styles of mod - i.e, what works for DTM won't necessarily be great for F1 - and even between seasons of one category, but here is a couple off of the top of my head for the base game:

For tracks like Spa, Suzuka and Montreal, I've been happy with 10 Rear Wing, 12-15 Front, 7 gears with 7th being around '60' and 6th around '53' or '54' and a Brake Balance set to around 42.000:58.000
This is usually fast enough - in a McLaren at least - for driving on Ace if you're comfortable with the track.

Something like Monaco however, I usually have around 18 Rear Wing, 20 Front, 7 gears with 7th being around '56' or '57' and 6th around '50' and a Brake Balance closer to 40.000:60.000.
Again, I find this alright on Ace difficulty.

Of course, what works for me might not work for you - different driving styles/controller setup - but I've got the first of those setups saved as a 'base' setup, which I then modify as needed on a per-track basis.

I generally like as much Front Wing as I can get, to help compensate for the awful steering I have with my 360 controller, but this can cause some oversteer in places - the Esses at Suzuka are just one drift after another, especially as the tires start to die - and I'll try and balance it out with softer rear springs.

I usually have a set number that I like to have for both front and rear packers - although Spa get's quite a few more - and will usually just soften springs or lower ride heights if I've got room to play with, until the point where softer springs make things worse.

I'll try and post my 'base' setup later today.

Hope that helps somewhat.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy