Ferrari F2003-GA and McLaren MP4-17D released!

Posted by ViperF1 
Re: Ferrari F2003-GA and McLaren MP4-17D released!
Date: December 28, 2003 05:16PM
Posted by: watercolours
viper, i wanna ask something regarding the screenshots. i am downloading at the moment so i haven't tried it yet. on the mclaren on the back part on the undertray where it intersects with the engine cover (i mean intersection part of horizontal and vertical pieces) there should be a white (or grey) line. i am sure there it is. but it is absent in the screenshot.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: December 28, 2003 09:48PM
Posted by: ViperF1
The MP4-17D is Japan version.
I suggest install the cars with my installer , because some files are renamed during the installation , and the GP4Patcher will patch the team slots.
The T-Cam of Ferrari is Ok according to my pictures , I think you are used to Erix's one , and that nose is too round , even from the T-Cam it looks like an F1-2000.

I'll put R23B and BAR005 into GP4 then , and there will only texture update for FW25(it's perfect I think)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: December 29, 2003 03:10AM
Posted by: Beardless2
can anyone give me the exact steering wheel x,y,z coordinates for the ferrari as my steering wheel is inside the car and poking out the top!!

Great cars tho viper and the new installer is great

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: December 29, 2003 03:51AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
no viper , it is not perfect ,it´s outdated . it was perfect in the time you released it , now there are some missing components ... just look carefully ..
I can´t explain what parts are missing because I can´t explain very well ...
Date: December 29, 2003 07:54AM
Posted by: ViperF1
The T-Cam textures are mirrored than the old one , so you got a blue on old cars.

@Beardless2
Installer will patch the coordinates automaticly
@Forgotten boy
try your best , which part?where and the shape?

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: December 29, 2003 08:06AM
Posted by: Beardless2
viper - i know the coordinates should be done automatically as the mclaren worked fine, however the ferrari has not worked for me (im sure it does work for other ppl). can u plz post the exact coordinates so i can enter them manually?

Post Edited (12-29-03 16:59)

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: December 29, 2003 08:19AM
Posted by: DEF
Ferrari's engine cover looks better now. Also i like the t-cam view on F2003GA.
Please add the red rain light on FW25 with double flip up like Japanese Grand Prix. !!

Great work, Viper

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: December 29, 2003 08:36AM
I will send you a pic with what I say that´s need to be improved. I don´t know the names of the parts.

Post Edited (12-29-03 15:36)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: December 29, 2003 08:45AM
viper, i have tried the mp4-17d. actually there is the grey line in your car i mentioned above. but it's very hard to see. even in close view it's hardly seen. if you look at the picture in the link you can see how easily it can be seen.
here's the picture: [f1.racing-live.com]
in your car color of this line is very similar to the ones around exhausts. but in this picture it is more white.
and your mp4-17d is suzuka version. what about f2003-ga? generic or does it actually represent any GP?
and you suggest to use your installer but 1-it does not offer 2003 order 2-it changes GP4 decrypted file so gpx patch does not recognize it any more.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Is Viper loosing his touch?

Just kidding!!!!! Great work, as always Viper!!!!!

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
Date: December 29, 2003 08:47AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hey Viper, great work, as always.
I haven´t installed them yet, but it´s ok.

I just wanna know how to change the lod names so that I can use my cars in 2003 order.

Another question: are u intending to develop Jordan too?

Date: December 29, 2003 08:51AM
watercolours ... why dont you calm down and enjoy what you have already ??????? I know what white line you mean , but I can´t see it on that pic ......

Viper what is your email ??? I want to send you the pic since I don´t have a host to put the pic

Post Edited (12-29-03 15:53)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is acceptable to me except ... to be a Forgotten ... nothing is worse than that
Date: December 29, 2003 09:06AM
Posted by: Hal
Great cars Viper! The detail on them is unbelievable.

I'm also having trouble with the installer not creating the correct coordinates for the Ferrari steering wheel and helmet... I've used GP4 Tweaker to get them looking right, but I'd like to know your recommended coordinates for both cars. I don't know if the installer is working correctly for the McLaren or if the correct coordinates are just a carry-over from your previous McLaren that I had installed.

The damage modelling is also superb. I think the t-cam view looks just fine.

I use only the lod_0 carshapes (I altered GP4.EXE to do this). Which textures can I delete if I'm only using lod_0? I tried installing the ferrari manually at first, leaving out all but the lod_0 shapes and only using the 'hi' textures, but Barichello's car was all messed up (car 1 was fine). I used the installer and everything's ok now, but there are textures in there which I can remove since only lod_0 is being used.

But these are small problems - thanks for two great cars. Looking forward to the next ones.

Haljazz
Date: December 29, 2003 09:31AM
the line is there in the picture in the link. look at the undertray at the back. it's impossible to see it in the game. it's not an unimportant line. since mclaren's rear is completely black, it's the only detail that shows its curve. it was absent in the previous mp4-17d, they added it after monza.

Date: December 29, 2003 09:48AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Date: December 29, 2003 11:09AM
Posted by: matt
in the mclaren there is the small bug that i mentioned about the ferrari,if mirrors are not enabled you can see sun microsystems logo in the mirrors.

as for the blue tcam on the other cars,you will have to use something like 3D editor to rename tcam tex file to a different name for mclaren and ferrari.also the same with brakedisc and engineinter as these are mirrored as well.

Date: December 29, 2003 01:26PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Some ingame screenshots of the new ferrari and Mclarn in the rain and i find the cars the best on the market for gp4 game ! Very excellent work viper. Also screenshot of T-cam don't know what you don't like about it, i like it very much. Greetings Steven

Date: December 29, 2003 01:57PM
Posted by: Caelen
og god no the ferraris front wing is 1mm too high, and the and the marlboro logo is about half a bees dick too far back. come on give viper a break for me thay are the best ferrari and mclaren available for gp4.
Date: December 29, 2003 02:06PM
Posted by: fongu
yep i'd agree with caelen, but they are fab anyways :)

Post Edited (12-29-03 21:09)

Date: December 29, 2003 02:29PM
Caelen , sorry but did not understand a word ( I did ;))
why you said marlboro is wrong or the front wing is 1 mm to high .. I don´t notice anything wrong about it :S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy