Logitech V9.6Patch Problem

Posted by Oasis2002 
Logitech V9.6Patch Problem
Date: December 25, 2003 12:38AM
Posted by: Oasis2002
This is the same old problem im having and im spending ages trying to fix it. It was a well known problem when patch9.6 first came out. Basically I cant get the game to recognise the acclerator or brake.

I ahve it working fine in the original game. As soon as I patch it I cant accelerate or brake. Ove tried all different axis' and nothing will pick up the those signlas. Steeering is fine.

Its a Logitech Formula Force wheel. I can run the game in the original format but id like to fix up the bugs.

Any help is truly appreciated
Re: Logitech V9.6Patch Problem
Date: December 25, 2003 01:06AM
Posted by: Caelen
ive got the logitech formula force and have no problems, remember to reassign controls before you calibrate, gp4 changes the axis assignments when you patch. so you have to re assign controls to whatever axis you want. ( yes i'm using split axis)
Date: December 25, 2003 02:23AM
Posted by: MViper
Hm.. i have problem with 9.6 too.. Why are all the cars and drivers swapped? Like Coulthard and Hakkinen are driving Williams, Ralf and Monty McLaren, Heidfeld -> Minardi etc etc ??

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: December 25, 2003 04:16AM
So what are your actual axis settings. I keep changing them to Controller A and B etc. It should be on Conroller A though I know for both axis'.
Date: December 25, 2003 01:03PM
of course controller a but there should be 5 or six axis to choose from.
go to options controls, then click on a not used control set, click on advanced, select accelerate/brake, this should allow you to set the axis for your brak pedal and accelerator. click on accelerate , you should have a screen with a few axis displayed, ie y x irz etc depress your accelerator and tick the box which corrosponds to that axis (ie which one moved) now do same for brake, steering should be ok (x axis default) ste your dedzone to zero reduce with speed to zero etc( or however you prefer) now exit and you should be asked to calibrate and everthing should be ok in game.

if that fails try loading this

[www.users.bigpond.com]

Post Edited (12-25-03 20:04)
Date: December 25, 2003 02:27PM
Ill givbe that a go -thanks

My problem is in that menu where you choose your axis, none of the bars move.
Date: December 25, 2003 02:31PM
Nah still doesnt work. I just cant get any of the axis' to move. Ive got the latest software but it shouldnt be a driver problem as it works before the patch is applied.
Date: December 25, 2003 03:33PM
i guess you could try combined axis then
Date: December 25, 2003 05:46PM
Do you mean make the same axis as in 'ControllerA(Y)'?

Ive done that but I still get no axis bar moving for accelerate and brake.

Its so odd becaus it works fine beofre the patch
Date: December 26, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: Fraplee
Maybe a stupid question, but... Is your controler in windows set up for single axis or two? I don't know whether or not I worded that question correctly. Find "Game Controlers" in windows; go to properties; go to settings: find "pedals reported as" and make sure that the box is unchecked. Now your controler is set in windows to be dual axis.
Date: December 27, 2003 11:11PM
Fraplee-You know what they call people like you in Australia? Bloody legend! That fixed it. I cant believe it was so simple. i tried everything in the game but it was prefs that fixed it. Unbelievable!

Thanks so much man-I can now play again!
Date: December 28, 2003 06:44AM
Posted by: Fraplee
Oasis2002

So glad to be able to help. Enjoy the racing and best of luck in the coming year!!!

fraPP!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: December 28, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: Briere
I had that prob as well

but now I have a new one : my brake pedal doesnt work anymore =S

but it did work while calibrating.....

Date: December 29, 2003 11:14AM
ok ! I've found the prob : I didnt assign the right axis to my brake pedal ;)

but now, whenever I apply the brakes, the front wheels lock up =S

Date: December 29, 2003 04:19PM
sorry, but

bump ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy