Install/ Uninstall problem

Posted by charliewatts55 
Install/ Uninstall problem
Date: July 01, 2014 01:04PM
Posted by: charliewatts55
Hello everyone,

I have a really unusual problem. Basically, GP4 won't install. I have had the game installed with csm in the recent past but decided to do a clean install with the original disc after the game became a bit erratic. Unfortunately, when i click on 'install game' an error message comes up saying 'Setup failed to launch installation engine: Class not registered'. The unusualt thing is that it seems like the installation continues in the background so most of the files are there. When i try to uninstall, the game doesn't appear in add/remove programs list. I have tried to delete all files and start again but to no avail. I have also tried various uninstall programs but none work. Any ideas?
Re: Install/ Uninstall problem
Date: July 01, 2014 01:58PM
Posted by: TomMK
Windows version? (XP / Vista / 7 / 8) (32-bit / 64-bit)

Alternatively just get a version that doesn't require installation.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 01, 2014 02:53PM
Posted by: mortal
Delete any files you can see in the root dir. Then run ccleaner to strip the registry. Then Google how to turn off BCEdit and try to install again.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 03, 2014 08:50AM
Thanks so much for your help. I will download that non installation version when i get home. Can i run CSM with this? I am using windows 7 and i will try the other solution as well.
Date: July 03, 2014 09:36AM
I've just tried your solution mortal and the same problem exists. However, it seems like the install is taking place without a progress bar. After clicking on install Grand Prix 4, the install sheild prepares but then nothing happens. However, a new infogrames file has been created and it is being filled up without displaying thr usual GP4 installation bar. If this doen't properly install, i'm downloading the non install version. Thanks
Date: July 03, 2014 09:45AM
Ok, so it appears to have installed but whenever i click on 'play' nothing happens. I guess my last hope is the non install version!
Date: July 03, 2014 11:27AM
OK and finally, i have downloaded the non install version which works but CSM doesn't (an error message says invalid picture). How can i get mods to work with the non install version? Or can i get CSM to work with it?
Date: July 04, 2014 12:50AM
charliewatts55
CSM doesn't (an error message says invalid picture)

Does it actually says "invalid picture"?? I've never heard of that error before. Screenshot?

Date: July 04, 2014 05:10AM
It says 'Run time error '481': Invalid Picture

Sorry can't get a screenshot, not sure how to get them on here.
Date: July 04, 2014 06:26AM
When does that error appear? When opening CSM? When installing a new mod? When starting a mod?

Do other mods work?

Date: July 05, 2014 01:51PM
It appears just after installing Zaz tools. I think it might be to do with the fact that I'm using the non install version of gp4
Date: July 05, 2014 01:52PM
When Zaz tools is installed, I try to open csm then the error message appears
Date: July 06, 2014 02:41AM
Remove ZaZ Tools and try the original installer (not my repacked version). It's available from the same page at GP4 Central.

Date: July 07, 2014 03:03PM
Ok so i did that but now an error message says 'not enough access to write the registry'. It then tells me to run the exe as administrator which i have tried. It seems like there is one problem after the next with this! Thanks for help so far.
Date: July 08, 2014 12:12AM
Posted by: mortal
If you are unable to install programs, and do not have system access to the registry, I would re-install windows. I know it's drastic, but it is guaranteed to fix your problems. Your system files are corrupt.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 08, 2014 02:45AM
Posted by: phantaman
(Y)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00\Install Dir]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\1.00\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Audio]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Patch]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Patch\1.00]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy