1999 mod is out

Posted by Lord Kamder 
1999 mod is out
Date: December 22, 2003 03:33AM
Posted by: Lord Kamder
Hi guys,
as a present for xmas, at gp4italia is out our 1999 carset.
it's a public beta for zaz's csm so you're free to report eventual bugs.
hoping you like it, there is the link ;-)

[gp4italia.gpx.it]
there are 2 versions: hi textures and low texture

bye

[www.gp4italia.org]
Re: 1999 mod is out
Date: December 22, 2003 04:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: December 22, 2003 04:36AM
Posted by: Doctor
Hello

The MOD is excelente.

I have a problem

When I start installing, the CSM disappears and installs the mitas of the files to me.

Only cars.wad and anim.wad in instaled, no more.

Bye

[www.gp4argentina.tk]
Solo lo mejor para tu GP4
[gp4argentina.foro.st]
Foro de Soluciones, comentarios y consejos en espaƱol!!!
Date: December 22, 2003 05:03AM
Posted by: markko
I have 1999 on F1c thankyou :P ;)

Date: December 22, 2003 05:17AM
Posted by: LarryM
Me too, and 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 and soon 2004. And I can jump from one to the other in the game. And the cars are tobacco / NT, pink panthers and Terminator3 and all where they should be. And the cars all have different steering wheels and you can have different ones for each year. Hell you can even switch drivers and no impossible cars.wad editing. If only Gp4 had been made so sensibly and easy to edit. But the GP4 community loves a challenge ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: December 22, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: Covfan
Only real problem I cans ee with this mod so far, the tyres flash whille in cockpit mode, making it a bit off-putting.
Date: December 22, 2003 06:11AM
Posted by: quickslick
i can't install the 99 Mod. I can see the CSM decompress the cmi, but after that, there is nothing to see. No cars wad, no anim wad, simply nothing. Only a big cmi tmp file with 317MO. Than i've downloaded the low cars wad
and installed it, but now i always get a CTD. I'm very frustated hot(
I can only uninstall my GP4 and reinstall it. The other thing is, why is there only a Carset for 1.02?? i prefer the original GP4 without the Patch, because i never had problems. For the 99 Carset i've installed the Patch 9.6 and now i have big problems hot Will you release a 99 carset for original GP4, too? that's what i want.
Date: December 22, 2003 06:34AM
Posted by: Incast
Thanks guys!
Date: December 22, 2003 06:34AM
Posted by: b-tone
i have a similar problem.
it lets some files out (wads, '1999' folder, etc) and leaves a 212mb cmi.tmp.
i'll re download it.
any chance of releasing it in rar or zip if theres more problems?

____
Tony

Date: December 22, 2003 07:22AM
Posted by: MViper
Yeah, this installation is wierd.. I have original GP4.. I tried the installation anyway.. but no succes. Than i installed GP4 fresh with a fresh 9.6 patch and during file extraction CSM and it install window disapear. And there's nothing, well.. it is, under GPsaves/carset/1999, but i can't get it to work, i tried to run it with GPxPatch and with CSM but no success.. there are some files missing like camera.ini or something like that, so it sucks..

Is it possible to release just GPx files [perf, physics] and cars.wad & anim.wad .. that would be the most simple installation ..

Is it possible anyway?

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: December 22, 2003 09:29AM
Posted by: Incast
I agree the installation should be changed, i managed to get mine working by after extracting to a folder just copying it over the gp4 directory. I then copied back my old graphics config file over the top, made sure rotate wheels using textures v2 was set to 1. Then all i had to do was set the gpxpatch paths and configure sound and game controllers.

Does anyone know what font the Digital overlays used in 1999? It's different to the one used in 2000 and beyond.
Date: December 22, 2003 09:42AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Don't blame them for the installation problems.
If you followed the instructions, and it failed it was because of me.
For the best solution read my csm 1.0 thread, and it should work fine.
sorry for the inconvience. you didn't have to reinstall gp4

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 22, 2003 09:52AM
Posted by: shutt1e
well, Zaz just inform me that there is a bug in the packing/unpacking routine of the CSM.
how to solve it
1) be sure you are using the latest cms version, if you're unsure get this

[195.191.53.2]

2) if cms does not unpack all needed files in the designed dir, you can find a big .tmp file in the same dir of the .cmi, rename this file as .wad i.e. season99.tmp as season99.wad

3) now use gp4master to unpack this wad file, unpack where you want, but at the end copy or move all files into the gpsaves/carsets/s1999 directory.

then start csm, there will be a season1999 tab in the carset list.

hope this help, if not wait until we repack the whole thing using winrar.

sorry for that but we have tested the cmi on various pc and we never get troubles.
Date: December 22, 2003 10:01AM
Posted by: Doctor
what is the solutions??

Since I do to install it?

bye
Date: December 22, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: MViper
Hm.. okay i'll try this solution..

Look, i had similar problems with 1995 mod, the game was regulary crashing.. but then i just used a fresh copy of GP4 and than i moved cars.wad and anim.wad file into the new fresh folder and it was working..

Is here any way, to repack all this 99 stuff just into 2 files? Like cars.wad and anim.wad and maybe some other files and than we users could just overwrite existing GP4 files and that would be it?

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: December 22, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: ZaZ
to both above:
please try to read...
it should answer all of your questions

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 22, 2003 10:51AM
Posted by: shutt1e
the 99 carset is a complete pack for the 99 season, not just a cars.wad
there are a new exe (with only 16 races and a different track order) new menus, new loading screens,new videos (they are actually only static images) ,new team logos, drivers pics,grid cars ,new performances and physics,new cams and tweaker positions and of course a new cars.wad and anim wad.
it is not intended to run as a stand alone but it needs csm.
Date: December 22, 2003 10:59AM
Posted by: JPM2002
It's kinda strange, it does work, but the driver's names are not updated and the tracks aren't either... Or maybe it's just me...

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht 27th title!!!! RCSA Forever ---------------------------------------------------
Date: December 22, 2003 12:25PM
Posted by: quickslick
the Mod works now very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have the big temp file renamed to 1999.wad and extracted all files manually and then i inserted all files in the GP4 Fiolder and the subfolders ( gpxdata, Menudata ...)
Date: December 22, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: fongu
not all of mine worked properly, like theres barely anything in the tweaker folder :/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy