Hotlap News

Posted by Korn_Freak 
Re: Hotlap News
Date: December 20, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
@Neil

All we are waiting for is something called PEAR to be installed, but the good thing about this automated system is that I can set an Administrator just to that section, so if it does all work, I'll make you the Admin so you control that section of the website and also make a forum section dedicated to the GP4Hotlap competition, so hopefully, you won't need to do much, just maintain that section of our site :) You never know, I may make a return to the hotlap comp in my little Jag :D

Anyway, I'll discuss it a bit later with you when I spot you on MSN next :P

Post Edited (12-20-03 17:05)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 20, 2003 10:02AM
Posted by: checha
Date: December 20, 2003 10:20AM
Posted by: fongu
hehe checha, aint that cute

Date: December 20, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: markko
I hope thats ok Korn! (Neil)

Date: December 20, 2003 12:14PM
cute since he doesn´t take off your head.

.so korn you will still running the site??

Date: December 20, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: Pooky
damn thats cute lol

remember we renamed it:

Grand Prix Games World Series - didnt we??

GPGWS.com lol

Date: December 20, 2003 12:43PM
Well, I think me and Ian will run it for about a day or so to see how it runs, then Korn should become the guy incharge of it. Like Ian said, we will open up a forum for it, it should be really cool for you guys.

Date: December 20, 2003 01:41PM
this sound good

Date: December 20, 2003 01:43PM
i agree, cant wait to see it up and runnin

Date: December 21, 2003 02:18AM
Yeah, well, let me explain the current situation. We have it installed all ready and waiting, but we are still waiting for the server tech guru guy to install PEAR which allows the whole thing to run. Now apparently he is busy and stuff, but will try to look into it ASAP. So basically we are just waiting on this guy, then its ready. Now this guy could be apparently a couple of days before he looks into it. So, we either come lucky and he does it today, or it could be New Year time when the thing opens up.

Date: December 21, 2003 02:22AM
so will the current championship start using that then?? Thanks markko, ian and tech guy

Date: December 21, 2003 03:37AM
I am not sure how it work, whether we gonna have to start afresh or not. I think it will be a take over from the current hotlap. Depends how Neil wants to run it. We are still waiting I am afraid. I think what will happen is, that when we get it running, we will take a look and have a mess around then post on here whats gonna happen.

Date: December 21, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Right, I'll explain :P The way this system 'apparantly' works (I dunno cause I still ain't tested it yet ;)) is that you will upload your replay into the server, just like we used to send the laps to Neil, the system will check it over (It has HoFXLap installed already so will see if its a verified lap or not through that) and update the list accordingly, I've got no idea how the chamionship points etc. . . will be done yet, as I don't know if it supports it. Just have to find out ;) but as markko says we are just waiting for our server guy to install and configure PEAR for us :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 21, 2003 01:12PM
I think its all variable too so we can change points, but thats me guessing.

Date: December 21, 2003 10:27PM
Posted by: JohnW
Forgive me if I have assumed something incorrectly....

If everyone just submitted their best lap, at the end of the qualifying time, there would be a lot less work. Sure, you wouldn't know where you stood until the results got posted, but it would be a lot simpler to do and a LOT less work to verify the laps. As you currently do it, every time you improve by even a thousandth of a second, you make the admin guy rebuild the list and recheck your lap. No wonder he's talking about throwing in the towel.

Hey, the real F1 guys get one lap. ( OK. One on Sat and one on Sun, but the Sunday lap is the only one that counts for grid spots. )

JohnW
Date: December 21, 2003 10:34PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
JohnW

thats how i did it at the start of it, now i just wait till i the end, download all laps, and if i get 2 or 3 from 1 person, i will look at the date of the emails. then delete the older ones, and use the latest one wich should theoreticly have the best of there hotlaps, so thats not the problem, problem is i have lost motivation to do it all, as it takes about 2-3 hrs of consistant work to do it.

Ian & Markko

that sounds like a great thing you have got there, i cant wait until you guys test it, if the championship points cant be done, thats not that hard to do manually, takes only about 5 mins the way i do it now, the longest part was getting all the information from the hotlaps, and then writing it all down.

and one other thing, Ian, can u email me by anychance? having some networking problems ATM, and cant get internet on my PC... so i dont know how long till i can be on MSN.

Cheers

Post Edited (12-22-03 07:43)

Date: December 22, 2003 03:55AM
Ok, the results are always updated the moment someone uploads their lap. It should work fantastic. We are still waiting on this PEAR thing.

The championship points should be editable somewhere in the PHP. Or might even have a lovely nice big admin menu to configure everything.

We too are looking forward to it. Dont hold your hopes up incase PEAR cannot be installed, or its not as good as we expected. I am sure it will be fantastic, but I am just warning you incase!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy