Hotlap News

Posted by Korn_Freak 
Hotlap News
Date: December 18, 2003 09:18PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Hey guys

Well I have an announcement to make.

After Austria, i wont be running this anymore, mainly because i havent the time plus it is really slow and crappy having to update everything manually, i probably would continue to do it if all i had to do was put in names and times, and championship points aswell as profiles could be updated automaticly, i would continue, if someone knew how to do that....

If anyone would like to run this competition, please state to in here, OR email me, and ill give u the passwords to the site and email when austria has been completed.

It has been great running this, there have been a few hiccups along the way, but all in all its been great,

Re: Hotlap News
Date: December 19, 2003 01:19AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: December 19, 2003 01:21AM
Posted by: fongu
thanks for a cool season korn

Date: December 19, 2003 05:10AM
Posted by: Paco
you've done a great job, Neil, thanks for your time! :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: December 19, 2003 05:54AM
Posted by: Pooky
yeah well done neil

u made it what it is

i dont mind running it.

up to you mate.

Date: December 19, 2003 07:05AM
Posted by: ZaZ
don't know what needs to be done, but it sounds like a 5 minute job to build...
well.. it probably takes a little bit more than 5 minutes, but anyway...
if it is not a great amount of work, and it saves 'you' (whoever that is in the future) work you can always try to tell me what you would like to have :)
'no' is yours.. 'yes' you can get*

*that's a dutch verb, but i don't know if it makes any sense for you :P

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 19, 2003 09:04AM
Posted by: markko
We might be able to run an automated GP4 Hotlap tournement, but thats a MIGHT. It depends on a couple of things on our server.

Date: December 19, 2003 09:37AM
Posted by: checha

THANKS VERY MUCH NEIL

Post Edited (12-19-03 16:41)

Date: December 19, 2003 09:42AM
Posted by: checha
OMG i canĀ“t believe the pussy pic i just put it

Post Edited (12-19-03 16:44)

Date: December 19, 2003 06:34PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
Thank you so much for runnig the site so greatey Neil!!!! It was greate to have you there.... you'll still be competing, right????

well, again, if u want me, I can run the web site, as I know how geociites works, and it wud be cool to have Paul too.... less work for each one!!!!

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: December 19, 2003 06:58PM
Posted by: Priddo
why not get me or someone else to make some kind of program where u put in their postion for the race and it updates it all and u can just copy and paste it into the html?

the site doesn't need to look fancy right

i could make the program out put

driver1 30
driverx 27

and so on

and you could just copy and paste it into the site as

<p>driver1 30
<P>driverx 27

that seems alot easier....

Date: December 20, 2003 12:38AM

basicly for me to continue i would like this

For someone to compete, they would have to create a login (like in the PHPnuke sites) this will save me having to create alot of profiles, and everyone who competes will have one, this will be a MUST.

i enter everyones name,position in race and lap timeinto a single table, then the website (or whatever is needed to do this) will automaticly update profiles, update the championship points with out me having to do it...

if this is possible can someone make it, and i will continue to run this, also to do it, i think we would have to move servers, and i dont mind re building the website from scratch, i could use Frontpage... seems easy enough....

Date: December 20, 2003 01:31AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Sounds like you need an ASP script to do all of that. I wouldn't know how to make one though

Date: December 20, 2003 03:24AM
Posted by: Priddo
i was gonna learn asp once...but decided not to....its come back to bite me on the ass now.,

Date: December 20, 2003 03:26AM
Posted by: fongu
sounds like a good idea korn, wish i was useful enough to help, but im useless with html and webpages.

Date: December 20, 2003 04:25AM
We already have PHPNuke, and hoping to install an automated HotLap system for it later today. It has automated verification by SDI. If we do get it going, I will report back and tell you some more about it. It should be fantastic. Maybe you guys could use it. Not sure though.

Post Edited (12-20-03 11:26)
Date: December 20, 2003 04:30AM
Posted by: Pooky
that sounds great

yes, lets try to make it automatic etc. then loads of people would hotlap!

Date: December 20, 2003 04:46AM
Yeah, we got all the tools we need, just waiting for Ian to come online and install it. Its completly automatic with uploading, it automatically gets verified by a special version of HOFxLap by SDI. Only one thing is holding us back at the moment though, our server needs a certain feature that needs installing, which shouldnt be too much trouble.

I hope you guys can use it.

I will post here ASAP when we get it up and running.

Date: December 20, 2003 07:39AM

sounds great markko! If you are willing to let us use it (and it sounds like you are) if you want someone to run it i will volunteer, if not thats cool ill be happy to just compete.

Date: December 20, 2003 07:50AM
Korn, we are doing this for everyone to use and for the advantage of the community. It should be ready for opening tomorrow. I will post here FIRST. I am not sure whether we need people to run it yet, but Korn, you will be top of the list if we do. We might run a test period of about a week to expose any problems with it, it all depends on how smoothly a certain feature of our server will be installed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy