Can you Run "11 cars" as a full grid?

Posted by Tony 
Can you Run "11 cars" as a full grid?
Date: February 14, 2004 11:44AM
Posted by: Tony
Can you Run "11 cars" only as a full grid in GP4?, just curious really. Like have just 1 car per team (one Jordan, one ferrari, etc) so I would be racing against the same amoiunt of teams, but only half the cars:)

Tony

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Re: Can you Run "11 cars" as a full grid?
Date: February 14, 2004 11:58AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yes its possible with the new gp4tweaker tool were you can remove cars from the grid !!!!!

Greetings Steven
Date: February 14, 2004 12:04PM
Sorry, been away for a bit, and out of the "know", what tool is that then? and can I download it from here?

Tony

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Date: February 14, 2004 12:15PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Re: Can you Run
Date: February 14, 2004 12:19PM
Thanks Bigbrother will download:) - can you still run the "GPX Patch V 3.35" though? - or do you have to run it in a different mode?

Which one is it? GP4 Tweaker Version 1.045? - note sure

TIA

Tony

Post Edited (02-14-04 19:27)

Date: February 14, 2004 12:48PM
Posted by: tux
you run gp4 tweaker, set the tweaks and hit aply. then you run gp4 through gpxpatch or gp4.exe the tweaks are loaded automaticly

Date: February 14, 2004 12:52PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
3.35??? 3.61!!! ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 14, 2004 12:57PM
Posted by: Madman271
Wow, wait guys.
This is still working model and does not officially announced yet. You can try it with test update 2, but with known limited features. I suggest not to use it along with any of your current projects.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: February 14, 2004 01:15PM
Well, I finally got it working, and 20 cars for starters yes?;)

Yes SchimmyMike, 3.61 required I guess, whats new here anyway?

Tony

Date: February 14, 2004 02:43PM
Well, been in the game with just 20 cars....but I can't disable the brakes now! (currently in Semi-pro mode btw) when I turn auto brakes off in cockpit mode, makes no differnece. where should i go to get this right? - not chsanged anything else as far as I know (AFAIK):(

tony

Date: February 14, 2004 03:25PM
Turn off Pit Limiter when you leave the pit. :)

Date: February 14, 2004 04:02PM
///Turn off Pit Limiter when you leave the pit

Hello madman, sorry, don't know what you mean! whats the pit limiter? - and if I get round to finding that out, can I start a quick/normal race with the Brakes disabled - or at least to my own liking? - or have I got to do my settings in the pit.

Not only can't I disable the brakes, but when i do come out of a pit, I only seem to be in full flight WAY BEYOND the pit:)

Sorry for all these "Basic" questions btw the way

Tony:confused:

Date: February 14, 2004 04:09PM
Posted by: Vader
I have another (maybe silly) problem. I don't know how to install the gp4tweak_1045_testupdate_040205 files properly (Yes, I am a registered memeber). I did put the gp4tweak.dll to windows\system32 and the gp4tweak.ini and gp4tweak_data.ini to the Gp4 directory.

Apparently nothing has changed from th 1.0.4.5 version I have used so far. No pitlimiter and no "remove cars from grid" option. What did I do wrong?

Post Edited (02-14-04 23:11)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 14, 2004 04:15PM
Asuming you are using GP4 Tweaker Test Update 2, it also containing testing stage of Pit Limiter feature for GP4. You can refer to this forum topic for further details. By default, Pit Limiter can be switched on/off using scroll lock key.

Date: February 14, 2004 04:22PM
@vader:
All beta/test stages does not provide GUI (not Guimengo!) at GP4 Tweaker launcher program. You should edit gp4tweak_data.ini (e.g. with notepad) to change their respective values. Some brief descriptions can be found from this file as well.

Date: February 14, 2004 04:25PM
Yes, thanks Madman,., I found it was the scroll lock key before I looked at your post (just trial & error really - pressing every key:))

Vader, you will need to click on gp4tweak_data in the Folder (the one with the brown cog on ya know:)) - and then in the "chart" you will set "0" instead on "1" to eliminate a car(s). Only just getting there myself, but very cool utility;)

Tony.

Date: February 14, 2004 09:44PM
Posted by: -{TETSUO}-
Couple of questions guys.
When will we be able to download this great update?
Does removing cars lower the PO in race?

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his F***ing arm through JUST TO PUSH YOU DOWN JUST TO HOLD YOU DOWN
Date: February 15, 2004 07:03AM
Posted by: Vader
Thank you - been there, done it, got the refund.

Can I assign the pitlimiter to a button on my wheel?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 15, 2004 04:05PM
When will we be able to download this great update?
TBA. :)

Does removing cars lower the PO in race?
In theory, yes.
I think the biggest PO is caused by pitcrews.

Can I assign the pitlimiter to a button on my wheel?
Atm, you should use supplied joystick software to do that. :)

Date: February 15, 2004 05:06PM
Posted by: DEF
@Madman:

Do you think sometime in the future we will be able to disable a complete team to get 20 cars as in real life???????

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy