Strange problem of helmet mapping

Posted by Briere 
Strange problem of helmet mapping
Date: December 11, 2003 05:57PM
Posted by: Briere
hi guys,

I've just added MRT's Ferrari 2003 helmets to my cars.wad (Driver1_1, 1_2, 2_1 and 2_2) using Zaz's EasyWad.

but in the game, I get a strange mapping on the helmet, which is still on the default shape, although I dont have any prob when I view the lod_00 in Zmodeler...

just before, I installed Erik/Duco's F2003GA NT version. but its mapping is all right.

my cars.wad is the default one, but with the new Ferrari and helmets :)

I run GP4 in 1024x768 px, with 32 bits textures.

any help will be appreciated :)

Re: Strange problem of helmet mapping
Date: December 12, 2003 12:58AM
Posted by: b-tone

do they need flipping?

____
Tony

Date: December 12, 2003 01:50AM
Posted by: fongu
try not using 32 bit texs

Date: December 12, 2003 03:25AM
Posted by: Duffer
Try to open the driver1_1 .... with GP4Master and made downsample texture, I already had this problem.

--------------------------------------------

Date: December 12, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: mrt
The best ways to install helmets without problem are carset creator and helmet installer.

Duffer is right, if you forgot to downsample it could happened.

Post Edited (12-12-03 11:59)
Date: December 13, 2003 06:09AM
Posted by: Stan
thats or a downsample problem or the tex file res is too small

Date: December 14, 2003 03:07PM
Posted by: raztahz
yes... same problem

you need alpha blending or the texture won't work (use PSP8)
don't use easy wad...use gp4 master, it might take you a bit longer
if you are installing multipal helmets

Date: December 14, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: raztahz
Quote: Author: mrt
Date: 12-12-03 11:57

The best ways to install helmets without problem are carset creator and helmet installer.

CC editor has tga problems
helmets installer is just pointless...

Date: December 28, 2003 06:48PM
sorry for the delay.... I've been busy during the last 2 weeks, so I couldnt find time to solve the prob...

so, I'm trying Helmet installer, but it says my GP4.exe isnt decrypted, even if I got the one in the Patches section of gpgames.de.......

I've installed the patch 9.6, and I downloaded the decrypted exe here....

:E// the one I have is 6 275 072 bytes, but GP4 Master says I need a 6 250 496 bytes file =/

:E2// I've just noticed that GP4 Master supports only the unpatched GP4.exe (1.00) =$

:E3// I've been using the 1.00 decrypted exe, and I'm gonna test in the game.....

:E4// All the helmets are working, except HHF, NH and CDM..... =/ I get the old ones (2003 Megapatch ones) btw, I only use their cars.wad

Post Edited (12-29-03 02:38)
Date: December 28, 2003 07:19PM
Posted by: jginete
use the 1.0 decrypted EXE and it will work

Date: December 28, 2003 07:39PM
done ;)

read above for more details ;-)

Date: December 28, 2003 10:33PM
Posted by: Ellis
If you want to use the 9.6 patch adn replacethe drivers that you were unable to rwplace, put the textures for there helmets in the GP4\Cars dir

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 29, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: ZaZ
@raztahz
if easywad has a bug let me know.
although its almost impossible that it screws up the mapping, because it doesn't change the files itself in a wad.
everybody can make their own decisions what program they like best (and i'm not trying to let everybody use easywad btw :P)
but if you find some bug of ANY program, please let the author know se he/she can fix it.
either way... i don't think this has got anything to do with the program

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 29, 2003 11:16AM
@ Ellis : I'm so dumbass ;) while I was making the texs, I told me to do it, but I didnt !!

thx anyway for reminding me it ;-)

Date: January 17, 2004 03:57AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I have downloaded MRThelmets for GP4 but I have a problem with the drivers faces appearing on top of the drivers helmets.

(I don't have this problem with Raymond Smit's earlier 2003 helmets (before the new shape and hi textures)

( I am using the older style with helmet and face separate rather than visor versions with new shape)

I open the files in Helmet Installer and converted from tga to tex so that I could import them into the game using GP4 Master. (I don't know of a way to install the tga files into the game without converting to tex files first)

I tried using Car Set Creator Beat but I don't like that program much and would much prefer to use GP4 Master.

I have tired everything but only seem to have problems with MRT helmets not Raymond Smit's earlier attempts.

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: January 17, 2004 05:33PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I have also noticed...

That after extracting MRT's helmets, and than loading into Helmet Installer as tga files (MRT's original files) only the helmet (less face) will load, it will not accept the (face - visor) and throws an error.

Note this does not happen with Raymond Smit's earlier (older shape) textures and I can do pretty much what ever I want with them. It is very frustrating as you would imagine when one authors files works and the other doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I don't know how the rest of yuo got MRT's helmets to work.

To finish first, first you have to finish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy