problems with megapatch (HiRes)

Posted by stifflers mum 
problems with megapatch (HiRes)
Date: December 11, 2003 01:28PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
iam using it, the megapatch, and its not bad at all, but i dont wanna play with the gpxpatch feature, so i start gp4 with the normal gp4 exe. but if i do that, i cant play melbourne. if i wanna load the track, the game crashes to desktop. all other tracks working fine.
the aother problem is, i wnna use hires grafics, but if i change the graficvalue in gp4 to high resolution, the ferrari, mercedes and renault has damaged textures...thats not cool. so, how can i solve my problems? any idea?
thanks
Re: problems with megapatch (HiRes)
Date: December 11, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: Hal
I used to use the megapatch cars but I can't remember what texture quality I used. Are you quitting the game and restarting it after changing the quality setting? Even with the cars I have now I find Viper's Williams is corrupted if I change graphics settings without restarting the game afterwards.

As for the gpxpatch problem - that's puzzling. I can't understand why you don't want to use gpxpatch, though. It stops those yellow sky messages coming up which slow the game down terribly.

Haljazz
Date: December 11, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: Paco
the problem with Melbourne is because you MUST use GPxPatch for that track, as it's one of Ricardo Lampert's updated, and it has the road markings, i don't know which difference makes GPxPatch, but once I read that Melbourne wouldn't work without it.

and regarding the textures problem, try what Hal said, exit the game and then load it again. if that's not helping, i don't know what it is then...

I'm against sigpics
Date: December 11, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: ralphi
first off all the problem with melburne is that... it's not really a problam Ricardo changed few things on the track which mean you haev to use the gpxpatch... and the sond problem... uhm.. i have no comment..

Date: December 11, 2003 03:18PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
Why would you not want to use the gpxpatch???

Date: December 11, 2003 03:23PM
Posted by: shutt1e
are you using the megapatch v1 (183 mb) or the v2 update (38mb)?
the first one can run without gpxpatch but the v2 need it badly.
for the textures issue, check your f1graphics.cfg file, and follow the instuctions in the readme file.
Date: December 11, 2003 05:25PM
Posted by: fongu
my melbourne never used to work before i got ricardos tracks, but what i did do to get it to work was to put the CD in and go on repair, and that did the job.

Date: December 13, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: stifflers mum
the gpxpatch opponents are that kind of quick, sometimes it seems not realistic. even if i wanna drive another car than ferrari or williams, i love to be an underdock;o), the other cars are so damn slow, but its not a setup-prob. i am using the same setup on jaguar and ferrari, with ferrari aim much faster. ok, that is a fact in realitiy but it smalls my chances to go into top three.
thanks for ur replys
Date: December 15, 2003 01:13AM
Posted by: shutt1e
if your problem with gpxpatch is that, have you tried to remove the checkmark from "car power team dependant" in gpxset?
Date: December 15, 2003 03:42AM
Posted by: Caelen
yep that sounds like the performance file associated with gpxpatch not the program itself, just untick the performance file
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy