wont go past 6th gear?

Posted by Gadjet 
wont go past 6th gear?
Date: December 03, 2003 04:58AM
Posted by: Gadjet

Hi,

Up until Silv all set ups working great. Now the I cannot go into 7 th gear. It is activated. As soon as it gets to 6th it just stays there about 180mph. It is doing this at next track as well. Is this a game fault or is it with gpx patch. Need help,
Cheers,
Phill
Re: wont go past 6th gear?
Date: December 03, 2003 05:11AM

Another note,

This as only happened since I installed GP Sound Update package, could this have anything to do with it. When I restart the PC the set up might work for 1st lap or 2nd then not go past 6th. It does this with all set ups, ones that have worked previously great.

Totally lost,

Phill
Date: December 03, 2003 06:57AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
it is not gp4 sound update problem ... it happens in an unomodded game
Date: December 03, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: Xero
Try re-installing GP4.

Date: December 03, 2003 12:54PM
Posted by: Madman271
Or replace the exe with the original one. It may caused by car physics modification. Oh, don't forget to check your controller, in case it's not calibrated properly. Some analog controller sometimes has weird axes ranges after rebooting.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: December 03, 2003 01:48PM
Posted by: markko
It aint our sounds. that doesnt modify anything other than in the samples directory.

Date: December 03, 2003 03:07PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hehe, had our fair few problems flair up, but never that :|

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 03, 2003 03:36PM
Posted by: Briere
is your gear ratio "normal" ?

Date: December 05, 2003 01:59AM
Posted by: Knight
I had the same problem, once.

I just experiment around with the car setup, and so on. (restart GP4 and PC couple of times) and then it worked again. I had the problem at Silverstone.
Don't know what solved the problem.
Date: December 05, 2003 06:11AM
Posted by: Pooky
are you bottoming out on the straights??

Date: December 05, 2003 10:04AM

Hi,
Thanks for your help, sorry sound guys just wasnt sure. It does bottomout at the end of the pits and the exeleration is slower. The gears are set up properly in the control panel. The set ups have been used before and been ok, my wheel calaboration works, tried it on GP3
If I reload the game and save my save game( gone well into season now, Hock, and I dont want to start again) will the saved game transfer into the reinstalled game
Date: December 05, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Yep, when uninstalling it'll ask you if you want to keep saved files, say yes, and then you can stick them in GPsaves later on :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy