GpxPatch keeps crashing

Posted by Earthbuilder 
GpxPatch keeps crashing
Date: October 20, 2013 02:03PM
Posted by: Earthbuilder
I reacently downloaded the GpxPatch for my GP4 and installed the 2013 laptop mod. But now, the game keeps crashing to the desktop while I play.
The only message I get is "Gp4 has stopped working" and thats all.
I tried playing the normal patched version without the mod, but that makes it crash even more.
I also tried running it as admin and I tried using the Windows XP compatibility which Windows suggested.

The game doesn't crash at the same place on a specific track or anything. Sometimes I can drive a 8-10 lap race before it crashes, whilst other times I can barely make it in to the menu before crashing. I run Windows 8 64-bit on my laptop, and it ofcourse has all the specs needed to run the game, so I wonder why it crashes all the time??

Any thoughts on what I could do to make it stop?
Re: GpxPatch keeps crashing
Date: October 20, 2013 07:57PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Did you check "run GP4 in debug-mod" in GPx-Patch so far? Set verbosity to high. That might solve all game-based crashes.

If the game still crashes, the tracks / cars / other stuff you use might be the reason. But in debug mod GPxPatch gives you an error-log after every crash. Post it in this forum, if you still have crashes ;-).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy