fix for final chicane at suzuka

Posted by ralv585 
fix for final chicane at suzuka
Date: November 25, 2003 04:58AM
Posted by: ralv585
Is it just me, or is the final chicane really hard to drive?
i take the same lines as the other cars but mine just bounce over and i lose half a tenth.
is there a fix for it?

Post Edited (11-25-03 12:09)

Re: fix for final chicane at suzuka
Date: November 25, 2003 06:45AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Change your setup. Its true that its tough to finsd a braking point, and its very easy to hit the gas too early and go on the grass on exit, but justride the kerb high, and wait longer than you feel you should before hitting the gas.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 25, 2003 12:31PM
Posted by: aagancia
yeah, that's chicane is tough. I have the new physics update by Nicola.

I always spin out on exit. I cheat by turning on traction control when exiting the corner then turning it off on all the rest of the track.
Date: November 25, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
ehehe m, thats not a cheat mate , remember what mika did at barcelona 2001 ? something like that :)
Date: November 25, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
i dont have problems in suzuka but in spa. Last chicane - bus stop. Same problem here. Cant use curbs and the other way is too slow.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 26, 2003 12:18PM
@forgotten boy

Thanks, I feel better racing in Suzuka now :)

Barcelona 2001, is'nt that the race mika missed a victory on the last lap?
Date: November 26, 2003 12:34PM
Posted by: McBain
I think forgotton-boy is referring to qualifying where Mika said that he didnt use traction control (Spain being the first race where it was allowed). Mika later corrected himself by saying he hadn't totally switched it off. In fact he never really explained what he did properly probably not wanting to give away too many details about McLarens traction control.

I do hate the final chicane at Suzuka though. Compared to computer cars i loose about 1 second through there. Terrible.

"Ayrton Senna crosses the line, you can see his exultation he knows he is the world champion." -- Murrary Walker Suzuka 1988
Date: November 26, 2003 12:57PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
Yeah aagancia , it was that race, a doomed race infact :) . And McBain , i was referring to that Grand Prix Qualifying .
But what I wanted to mean was , since 2001 it is allowed to use traction control so you should not feel bad for using it :) .
Date: November 26, 2003 01:39PM
yeah, youre right, its been legal since then, but in GP4 driving gets to be too easy with traction control turned on :D
Date: November 27, 2003 04:40AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Remember that in every GP4 tracks there are corners where CPU drivers are faster ( too fast ) than humans...and , viceversa, there are other corners or chicanes where CPU drivers are strangely slow...too slow.
Probably cc lines and grip for CPU drivers, inside dat files, are conditioned by some factors...and You can't change this trend by magics.
The only 2 things You can do are: learn these points..for your race strategy;
make a good setup for your car.

nicol@cciarri
Date: November 27, 2003 04:58AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

also some corners the AI are very SLOW

like turn 3 at interlagos

i can be .5 seconds faster through that corner alone, and then at other corners they pull away from me.

Date: November 27, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: marcl
Spain is anoying doing a pit stop in the race i lose so much time just getting in the pits due to the help the computer is meant to give. I have to slow right down just to make it
Date: November 27, 2003 08:28AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
The Senna esses at Brazil are a joke...if you ride the kerbs really high you just destroy the CC cars through there!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 27, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: rayg
I think the worse chicane is in Nurberg ring on the last one. Its up hill into the chicane which is hard to pick your breaking point and then I bloody spin if I touch the kerb!!!

Spain is anothewr one I strugle with I really quick through the lap the last 2 corners I must lose nearly a second to the AI
Date: November 27, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: marcl
I know what u mean Qwerty i am so fast round them that i can make up so much time on the cars infront some times to much. But if u go that bit to high u spin lol.

In brazil i am fast in the 1st and 3rd sectors i am not so good in the 2nd one its so hard to be as fast as the cc cars round them corners.
Date: November 28, 2003 04:04AM
Posted by: PSVwally
There are a lot of corners which are wrong i think. But i also hate the blockups at some corners... like if in real cars are waiting on each other to go in front!!! NOT!!

i win so much time at the swimming pool in monaco!
the second corner in canada is also a winner to me...can catch up easily there

come baby, dance with me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy