Patch 9.6 ..Worth installing?

Posted by Yah 
Patch 9.6 ..Worth installing?
Date: November 23, 2003 04:48PM
Posted by: Yah
What's the deal with that good old 9.6 patch? Is it any good? I never used it on my last GP4 install, but now I've started afresh (new OS) I was thinking of installing it.....
Is it worth it?

Re: Patch 9.6 ..Worth installing?
Date: November 23, 2003 06:09PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I dont know anybody who dont use the patch.

The patch fixes most of bugs and make some grafic and sound improvements (tyre wear grafics on tarmac for example).

Most tools are working with patch so use it.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 24, 2003 01:47AM
Posted by: Caelen
i think the most important bit is it tones down the drafting. you no lonker get hug speed bursts from sliupstreaming as in default, which makes racing much better
Date: November 24, 2003 02:14AM
Posted by: RonF1
Also when you lose your front wing the car behaves like it should do (massive understeer) so you have to go really slow round the corners.
Date: November 24, 2003 02:24AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
U answered your own question in your name ;)

Date: November 24, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Stan
Dude get with the times!

Date: November 24, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: Yah
Thanks all. I know it is a bit of a silly question, really. I just asked it because I seem to remember (ages ago) that some people had problems with it (like the game ran faster without it). But now I know, I'll installl it right away!
Date: November 24, 2003 02:09PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I don`t have any patch , I have almost all the updates there is and I don`t have any problems with gp4.

Date: November 24, 2003 02:28PM
Posted by: rikkardo
same here I don't even have the first patch for gp4 installed and I find that gpx patch does the trick and i'm happy with gp4 with out v9.2,4.0 2.0 and any others.
Date: November 24, 2003 02:43PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yep but you cant feel the improvements of new damage system and car physics generally.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy