TrackMap Overlays v2

Posted by Dinga 
Re: TrackMap Overlays v2
Date: November 26, 2003 12:25PM
Posted by: ricky
Don't know if I may ask: But anyone here who has the "DRIVE-THROUGH-PENALTY"-screen from classic TV (not digital style)?

Thank you very much

Ricky
Date: November 26, 2003 03:55PM
Posted by: Dinga
Oi! This is a digital thread! ;-D I might have, but can't promise it. If I have I'll take a photo off TV and mail it to you. I seem to remember it appears in the same position as retirements and using the same font. Will know tomorrow if I have anything.

More maps anyone? I have 9 completed...
Date: November 26, 2003 04:18PM
Posted by: Briere
Kev, the maps are faaaaaaaantasticcc !!!! ;)

the dark zone is working perfectly :D

once you finish the other maps, send me them to the same adress ;-)

Date: November 26, 2003 11:45PM
Posted by: ricky
Thanks Dinga, would be cool if someone has a picture of it.

Ricky
Date: November 27, 2003 12:05PM
talking about pictures, when I'll get home tonight, I'll take a screenshot of the in-game maps and post them here ;-)

Date: November 27, 2003 02:46PM
Great Idea - thanks Briere!

I've had to stop now as I've run out of screen grabs. Still looking for:

Interlagos
Imola
Barcelona
Monaco
Montreal
Nurburgring
Hungaroring
Spa(long shot!)
Hockenheim 2001(Even longer shot!)

So - I made a F1 Digital+ TV logo that comes on after the maps extinguish and remains for duration of race :-). It'll be included in the pack if it ever gets finished :-(

@ Ricky - I have the Indy race on VT, watched it through and they didn't show the bloody drive through Montoya served. However, I've made an image from GPxPatch from what I remember from earlier races.I'm 90% certain that this is how it is.
Date: November 27, 2003 05:39PM
screenies taken in GP3 :

Because of the file sizes, I wrote the links ;-)

Austria

Hockenheim

Indy

Magny-Cours

Melbourne

Monza

Sepang

Silverstone

Suzuka

Date: November 27, 2003 11:37PM
Posted by: Covfan
Quite impressive, but looks like somebody is beating you to it Dinga:

[www.freeforumzone.it]
Date: November 27, 2003 11:49PM
I have these too, made by Leolo on that forum but there are a lot of inaccuracies in relation to TV. If you put my Monza image next to the one you show and the TV shot you'll see them!
Date: November 29, 2003 10:28AM
HELP ME PLEASE!!!! Only wrote this so that this topic isn't forgotten. Still need images of the tracks mentioned above and I'm getting impatient to finish this. Don't want it to become consigned as an unfinished mod to reside on just my HD.
Date: November 29, 2003 04:42PM
Don't want it to become consigned as an unfinished mod to reside on just my HD.

and mine ;)

Date: November 29, 2003 04:44PM
And Oggo's!
Date: November 30, 2003 01:57AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Is the rotation of the tracks the same on the "classical" maps the same as the one's you've got the new digital maps?

If they are, you might be pretty safe in just doing a complete copy and paste if you have a template...

Date: November 30, 2003 02:19AM
Some are - some aren't. This is the easy option but I would rather be precise with as many as possible. Or just shitcan the whole thing :-(
Date: December 04, 2003 02:51PM
Okay - I've e-mailed a couple of people with vids/sites - no replies so I've decided to scrap the whole project. Genuine thanks to the guys that have helped and I am really sorry not to finish this.
Date: December 04, 2003 03:10PM
noooooooo ! :( thats a real shame coz it was going to be great :';(

Date: December 05, 2003 05:25PM
I hope you haven't deleted all the files, cause I would have loved those maps.

I'm sure they'll pop-up somewhere, I would have helped, but F1 coverage in Australia is soo poor!! We didn't get to see any of this stuff that you're working on, all we get is delayed races and a 15 second quaifying "report" at the start of the show.

Date: December 05, 2003 11:12PM
No Bernie I haven't deleted the files. **** it took me long enough to make them! But what I won't do is release a pack that's only 50% complete with improvised overlays for the other half. My work will not pop up somewhere else as I've only sent it to 2 people for beta testing. Scrap is maybe the wrong word, it's just that I've had enough of searching the web and e-mailing people only to get no reply. I appreciate only a few people could have helped as I myself didn't have digital when it was screened. If anything pops up I'll certainly continue but for now I'm leaving well alone.

@Checha - tried your suggestion aout e-mailing Gian. No reply amongst others.

Post Edited (12-06-03 06:14)

Date: December 06, 2003 12:47AM
was 2002 the only year that there was the digital F1? If it was, then you might want to check the '02 Classic overlays instead of the 03 ones. I'm guessing that they would be the same considering that they come from the same data source.....or again, like you've said, they could be different. But it might be worth a shot?

Date: December 06, 2003 02:11AM
No they're not the same, there are differences in rotation, size and screen position for some of the longer tracks as the digital overlay is confined to the transparent section - see the screenies Briere posted to see what I mean. As for the years these overlays were used, there's a lot more than just 2001(my 1999 season review uses digital timings etc - no maps shown though; or on my others(2000 and 2001)). However, there's even quite a few subtle differences between even 2001 and 2002.

The shots from TV Briere posted are from 2002 and Vincenzo's 2001. Ideally 2002 screenshots are used with the data from my classic maps transferred(as appeared on TV this season so lap records etc are from 2002 and back)

The sad thing is that each overlay only takes about 20 mins to make as the templates were the hard work and correcting font sizes,spacing etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy