MSI afterburner question

Posted by davegp4 
MSI afterburner question
Date: August 07, 2013 01:35AM
Posted by: davegp4
Hi finaly got around to running this but the video capture is very jerky? in the settings I'm useing 1080 same res as my screen
& uncompressed I've tryed a few different setting but no good results, anyone getting a smooth video capture on this could they help?Dog
Re: MSI afterburner question
Date: August 09, 2013 11:13PM
Posted by: Robert
I haven't used Afterburner for recording from GP4, but I do use it in other games so I can offer the following advice:

- Use MJPG compression as the video format - this shouldn't impact performance too badly and gives manageable video file sizes. Quality should be 75-90% depending on how good you want the footage to look.
- Use the same framerate for your video as that which GP4 is set to run at in its graphics settings. If you want to upload videos though, it may be best to record at 24/25 or 30 fps, which works best if GP4's framerate is double this value.

If the recorded video still looks bad, you should try lowering the recording resolution.

Hope that helps :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2013 11:14PM by Robert.
Date: August 09, 2013 11:25PM
Posted by: mortal
That is really useful info, can you re-post it here please.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 12, 2013 03:05AM
hey thanks to all I will try some more of those ideas(B)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: August 14, 2013 05:02AM
well maybe my processer isn't big enough or something still very jerky movement, matched frame rate lowered the res tried lots of things but still no good
could it be the hard drive? after all it is pulling the vid from there.(D)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy