The MSI Afterburner thread. [Recording gameplay]

Posted by mortal 
The MSI Afterburner thread. [Recording gameplay]
Date: June 16, 2013 05:07AM
Posted by: mortal
Download the application here.

The user interface is unfortunately small and if you're like me and viewing on a 42" television screen it can be difficult.
Options are accessed on the lower right. Here you can set-up audio, video and screen capture hot-keys. I used F9 for video, F10 for screen caps and F11 for push to talk.
Set your audio capture devices to your default devices. I had to do a few tests to enable the microphone and deselecting the 'Listen to this device' tab in the sound options actually caused the mic on my system to no longer work. So hearing yourself talk back through the speakers is probably not an issue for most people anyway.
Recording is done via the 'On Screen Display Server' and once started can be found in your task-bar. Just select 'show' to display on-screen. By default it is turned off so do that first, set Stealth mode and On Screen Display to on. Set Vector 3d, and keep the Custom Display Zoom Level 0.
That's pretty much it to get going, run a test to check your mic levels for feedback as well. I tried with 100% mic volume input and the feedback was impressive. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: The MSI Afterburner thread. [Recording gameplay]
Date: August 12, 2013 05:00AM
Posted by: Robert
I haven't used Afterburner for recording from GP4, but I do use it in other games so I can offer the following advice:

- Choose the highest resolution your system can handle recording at. Ideally record at your game's resolution, however you may have to lower this to keep the game playable and smooth. Make sure the aspect ratio is the same as for your game's resolution.

- Use MJPG compression as the video format - this shouldn't impact performance too badly and gives manageable video file sizes. Quality should be 75-90% depending on how good you want the footage to look.

- Use the same framerate for your video as that which GP4 is set to run at in its graphics settings. If you want to upload videos though, it is best to record at 24/25 or 30 fps, which works best if GP4's framerate is a multiple of this value.

- Choose your speakers as the audio source. Auto Select usually works for this, but if not you'll want to select WASAPI Playback Device if using Windows Vista/7/8 and then choose the correct device (often just called Speakers). It is also possible to record from another audio source e.g. a mic but I haven't tried this.

If you want to upload your footage to YouTube, you'll need to compress/encode the captured video footage (otherwise it's much too large). There is capable free software for this (e.g. Windows Movie Maker) if you don't want to pay for more comprehensive video editing software (I use Sony Vegas but many good apps exist).

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Re: The MSI Afterburner thread. [Recording gameplay]
Date: August 13, 2013 01:34AM
Posted by: davegp4
Do these specs sound ok for what were trying here? dual core 1.8ghz 4gig ram G force gt 630?
wow great info still trying to get a smooth vid not done testing yet cheers!(Y)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 02:35AM by davegp4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy